Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
January 3, 2022 at 2:58 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons! #50178
AndrewKeymasterTry barring from the 3rd string down (omitting the 4th string). That will make it easier on your left hand π
And TY for the kind words. I appreciate it!
AndrewKeymasterThis is a great question! Here’s what I learned from music school. Let me know what you think π
January 2, 2022 at 9:16 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons! #50168
AndrewKeymaster@charles605 – If you do that, you’ll lose the melody note on top (5th fret on A). So don’t want to change it to that π
January 2, 2022 at 6:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons! #50162January 1, 2022 at 9:02 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2022 Member Challenge: Celebrating 500 Lessons! #50155
AndrewKeymasterIt will work on low G, Gi Gi. The only thing I’d change is the Am9 in bar 18. I’d strum/pluck only the bottom 2 strings (A and E).
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Milo!
First off, I’d recommend checking out Learning Paths. It’ll give you a few ideas on where to go after you complete the Beginner’s Course.
Speaking of the Beginner’s Course, it looks like you’re about 40% of the way through it. I’d start jumping into some of the tunes in module 5 and 6. That’ll give you the fun songs to play as you continue learning the fundamentals taught in the precursor modules.
I’d recommend creating a practice schedule that is 3 parts, for example:
1) Technique Building – For example, developing 3 and 4 finger fingerpicking skills. There are multiple exercises for this in our fingerpicking course.
2) Rhythmic Study – Rhythm is 1/3 of music and is almost always the part that is overlooked. Developing a good sense of rhythm and timing is best accomplished by learning to read music.
3) Songs – Pick 1 or 2 songs at a time to work on. Think of these as the cookies, they are what help to keep you motivated and having fun! Try to pick songs that reinforce the 2 other areas of your practice schedule. A good place to start is with the performance tunes contained in the courses.
AndrewKeymaster@charles605 – We just did a vote-off in December, so once that song comes out we’ll do another one π
January 1, 2022 at 12:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the December 2021 Member Challenge β WIN $2,100 Kanileβa #50140
AndrewKeymasterI appreciate your support, Charles π
AndrewKeymasterAre you a patron of Matt’s Patreon? You may want to reach out to him for help with this arrangement there. Unfortunately, I can only offer support on arrangements/lessons from Rock Class 101.
AndrewKeymasterSounds great! Right & left hand form looks great too. You also have a clear understanding of the rhythms that are being played – which is a bit tricky with that opening riff. So I’d say, keep doing what you’re doing. It’s working π
AndrewKeymasterMatt did a great job on that arrangement! But that’s a tough first tune to tackle. I’d recommend trying this one π
AndrewKeymasterGlad you found us, Nori π
I’d recommend starting with our Beginner’s Course. Let me know if you have any questions on the lessons. Always happy to help!
December 27, 2021 at 10:18 pm in reply to: December 11, 2021 β Live Lesson: Scales & Modes Explained (Part 2) #50095
AndrewKeymaster@ajk101 – I can answer these for you π
1) Either place is okay with us!
2) To my ear, I’d call it F major as the melody resolves to the tonic.
3) Yep! You’d be playing the 2nd and 3rd mode from Bb:

-
AuthorPosts