Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke!

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 305 total)
  • Author
    lisadmh
    Participant

@lildevil, me too. I hear breathing and it sounds like I’m banging on the strings, which I probably do, but not that bad. I bought a cheap external Mic bit out didn’t really help. I think it’s a phone problem.

@Justin
    , welcome to the challenges! Great job.

@ everyone else. Good job, folks. It’s great to hear all the different takes. Y’ all have put some hours in!

jinajupiter
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello fellow Uke players. I started a month ago with the Ukulele.
    In order to play this beginner piece I practiced like a maniac for about two weeks.
    I still had to grow calluses so it really hurt and I still don’t have enough strength in my left hand to make it sound like what’s in my head. Because I play other (key) instruments like the melodica I am familiar with the discipline of practicing. Funny to see yourself back on cam, I look like playing Beethoven’s Symph. #5 cause of squeezing the left hand. Anyway this was great fun and I am looking forward to the next challenge. Also very nice to see how most of you are playing the exact same piece with different sounding Ukes. I am very happy to have found this learning platform.

jinajupiter

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by jinajupiter.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by jinajupiter.
    richo_uke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello Andrew, hi guys,
    I decided to upload THIS recording because not a single recording was without mistakes, which was a bit frustrating. Nevertheless, it was fun to practice for the monthly member challenge – this was the first time I kept it up to the end. And I’m proud of that. I will keep practicing the song and hopefully improve a little bit.
    I hope that the song for the next month’s challenge is easy enough for me so that I can participate again.
    Greetings from Germany
    Rici

abaluyot
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

kumakuma

I learnt dream a little dream of me. Still I could not play it well. But it is quite fun.

I am a basic member.

lildevil
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.
    New to RC101 and intended to start at the very beginning until I saw this challenge. And it has indeed been a challenge learning to play Dream like Matt – 2- and 3-string barre cords, thumbing the whole thing (sounds like a squeegee). Other challenges/accomplishments: my first time commenting on anything other than FB, first time recording, uploading. Hearing myself play has been very humbling indeed. But has made me a better player – even if it doesn’t sound like it. Recording not so great, playing or tech-wise, but hey! I’m in the game!
    Pic is my grandaughter (and grandson), who got me playing ukulele in the first place.
    Thanks to all for sharing, and for feedback. Very helpful. Great community. Thanks, Andrew, for providing this opportunity.

smudge
    Participant

I am a premium member. I was obsessed with learning this song. This is what I have so far, despite the hours and hours and hours of practice! Obviously a work in progress! Thanks for the inspiration Andrew!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 12 months ago by smudge.
    mheiden
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

It feels great to post a video for a challenge this month. Travel has been intense for a few months. I’ve been home less than 10 days in the last 5 weeks….and I’ve not played much in that time. I miss my ukes!
    I am so eager to learn more songs….I take awhile to memorize, so it’s been tough to add songs to my portfolio without being home more.

casadot349

I’m a premium member and I chose to record “A Thousand Years”. Thanks for doing these challenges and I hope to win! Here’s the song:

santai
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Yes, I am. 😀 I’m sooo impressed and inspired by all of your submissions – and I really love how cleverly the lessons are set on this site, so I decided to give premium membership a go. Plus: I just want to honour your ambitions to put this really great platform out there. I really like this community already, after having found my way here just a month ago! 🙂

I tried to take aaway a lot from the hints and tips on all the other submissions – cleaning up my playing etc… It’s really a lot to take in, so sometimes my brain just freezes right while I’m playing. I know there is still a lot to be done, but at the same time I can see my progress, and this keeps the motivation up to keep “polishing”!

So here is my take on “Dream a Little Dream of Me” for the April challenge.

karenj
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my submission of Dream a Little Dream of Me. My goal was to play more relaxed, despite the recording. I still tense up and require a zillion takes, but I did make a little progress. I want to work on my timing, but I seemed to keep wanting to put a little swing rhythm into it. And I wish the volume on my thumb strumming blended better with the finger picking. But that does seem better when I play more relaxed. I also worked on Stand By Me, but it has a long way to go. The Jurassic Park theme is now calling me!

Thanks again for the great lesson and fun challenge, not to mention a chance to win such an amazing prize! I am looking forward to catching up on recent posts.

erino7

Hey everyone!
    I’ve enjoyed listening to all the entries and feedback so far! Here’s yet another “Dream a Little Dream of Me”.
    I hope to have more time next month to conquer a more difficult piece.
    I am a Premium Member.

sratica
    Participant

Greetings! I am a premium member. I joined the first week of April. At first I didn’t even consider trying this challenge. Then I downloaded the tablature and after about 30 minutes almost gave up. Then, I decided to just try learning the first two bars, and then another two bars. Then, I was hooked.
    I tried another sight to learn tablature for a couple of months, but I felt like I was playing a video game instead of playing an instrument. Then I found this site and I’m very happy to be a member, and feel as though I have learned so much I just three weeks. I’ve been playing since August and this is my very first instrumental piece. Would love to win that uke, but right now I’m feeling super accomplished to be posting this video (warts and all)

hotmilktea

Obsessed with this song, so I decided to push myself to the limit.
    I am a premium member.

wongbrown

This is my submission. I have been paying so much attention in eliminating those noise arising from changing chords that I was totally distracted 😖 Please shed me the tricks.

Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 305 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.