Participate in the August 2019 Member Challenge – World Music Themed!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the August 2019 Member Challenge – World Music Themed!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

So I haven’t been involved this month as I’m in Hobart, Tasmania (Australia) building a ukulele. Very intense. I’ll show you when I’m finished.

Tonight I bumped into Robin and Tiffany! We recognised each other from the videos!

Here’s a selfie!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – that’s so cool!

willymac
    Participant

Here is my submission for the August Challenge.

nthibode

Neat @lyndallk! It would be pretty cool to bump into fellow Rock Class 101 members!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by nthibode.
    Andrew
    Keymaster

holly1 – Super impressive for how long you’ve been playing! I’d be proud of that performance 🙂 Timing was excellent, as well as, note clarity.

For dynamics, give this a shot: accent beat 2 and the e of 2. So 2nd and 3rd strum. Try to hit these harder than the others. That will create a nice contrast in your strumming. This is also what @nthibode did.

One tip for fingerpicking the outro, try to keep a claw shape with the right hand, as shown in this guide. This is a more efficient way to pick.

willymac – Excellent roll in your attack, Wilfred! Wonderful performance, keep up the great work 🙂

robinboyd
    Participant

Hi Lyndall

It was awesome and a little bit surreal to run into you at the cinema last night. I’m really looking forward to seeing the finished uke. The progress photos looked great.

becky7777
    Participant

Oh how cool you guys ran into each other! Hope you guys had fun!

wongbrown

My submission is La Gitanita again this month. Appreciate any feedback 😊

miztaken
    Participant

Hmmmm…. @lyndallk – I think you have the wrong Robin Boyd there!
    That one is smiling!
    The @robinboyd we see, NEVER smiles 😁😁😁
    (Looks lovely me you got the right Tiffany though 👍).

robinboyd
    Participant

lol. I inherited my look of concentration from my dad 😛

lyndallk
    Participant

It was such a treat to meet RC101 folk in reality. (Not that the site isn’t real. Don’t get me wrong )

Uke building is slow and a personal growth experience. Tears, joy, terror, awe … It’s not finished but here’s a look. I’m drying the sealant in the sun. Ukes grow on trees in Tasmania.

jinajupiter
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.
    I changed Andrew’s arrangement to low G ukulele.
    On you tube I saw a guitar student Arash Ria playing with Ud phrasings and I found that interesting. I tried that too.
    I just figured I forgot to repeat A2 at the end.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by jinajupiter.
    rickeymike
    Participant

Jina, so cool. It almost looks like my playing but with a speeded up video. LOL

Lyndal, Robin, Tiff, That’s a “keeper” picture. And you’re right, Miz, so nice to see all smiles.

robinboyd
    Participant

@jinajupiter – I love the look on your face as you are performing that. You can tell you are really getting into it.

Andrew
    Keymaster

wongbrown – Great job! Here is a video tip on the strumming technique 🙂

jinajupiter – I love the changes! Very creative and expressive! The only thing I can suggest is to watch the tempo, as some of the harder changes threw it off a bit. Overall very cool! I really like your version 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 125 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.