Participate in the June 2021 Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2021 Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    lisa-k
    Participant

@Andrew. Thank you so much for the detailed feedback – it’s so helpful! I will certainly practice the transitions as suggested. I was using just the first string for that Fm(1) chord in the video, and have now progressed onto to first and second strings, so will continue to add strings as I practice! As far as the arpeggio timing is concerned, your explanation is really helpful. I have filmed a the first 8 bars again and hopefully show improvement with this? Many thanks again!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisa-k – sounds great!

lyndallk
    Participant

Here’s my next recording of Sleepwalk at a slower pace. It was surprisingly difficult until I could really feel the pace! I believe I’ve had that slow down feedback before.

PS I’m glad my memorising was a teaching moment!

sebi75

@lyndallk, your second recording sounds very Beautiful👍.
    It is very inspiring.
    Awesome 👏

stianukulele

I AM PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all, fun to play with a whole band, here is Jailhouse Rock

Also, nailed it on first take, never happend before, usually play and record results in many takes 🙂

johanna2509
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi! Here is my version of Sleepwalk. I love this kind of low g arrangements!
    Together with Can’t Help Falling in Love and Wonderful Tonight this one belongs to my favourite low g pieces; they sound so calm and peacefull.
    I thought recording in my bed with our sleeping cat is a perfect place for this one.
    I changed bar 16, because AJ’s version was to hard and I didn’t like the alternative of ignoring the low g string. What I did sounds not as good as the original, but seemed like a suitable compromise.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lyndallk – That’s much better IMO! That tempo gives it vibe! Well done 🙂

@stianukulele
    – Sometime’s one take is all you need! Well played and I dig the subtle changes on the solo 🙂

@johanna2509
    – You played it beautifully, Johanna! Keep up the good work!

lisadmh
    Participant

Ok boss. Here’s me trying to be very intentional about dynamics. There are a few bugs. It’s hard to have total control over the volume of every single note. But, am I on the right track?

Andrew
    Keymaster

Sounds great, Lisa! One suggestion, that section that starts at 1:26 (and earlier in song, too), try to ramp up to full volume instead of start at full volume. Here’s an analogy: If I say run, you don’t just start at full speed, you got to walk – jog – run to get there.

sebi75

@bomarkt Thank you 🙂 I am glad you like my version.

@Andrew Thank you for your feedback, i will work on it 🙂

I love all the Sleep Walk performances, i didn´t this song on my list, but now i took my Low G Uke and have another song to learn 😉

barbecueblack
    Participant

Dear Rockclass

I am a premium member.

Here is my participation in the June challenge. I enjoyed the lesson immensely and have learned a lot from Rockclass.

Thank you!

johanna2509
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew!

morrieuke1
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER
    Here is my entry of Sleepwalk-I played through an old Fender Vibro Champ amplifier for a cool effect (‘although it’s difficult to hear, since I recorded on my phone you hear me acoustically more than the amp) but still a lot of fun-thanks AJ, thanks Andrew and RC101 team!

bethany_guardiani
    Participant

I am a premium member 🙂

Like many of the others, I did Sleepwalk for this month. Holy gorgeous melody in that hauntingly melancholic kind of way. Is it sad that’s kind of my favorite kind of song? I can definitely see why so many people opted for this song this month…and WOW so many amazing performances!

So here is my version. I kept the tempo a little more loose in spots and tried to just play by feel as best as I currently know how. Also, I actually do not currently have a Low G strung ukulele, but I just converted my baritone into a low G tuned standard uke by putting a capo on the 5th fret. Hopefully that is ok!

brettboy
    Participant

Aloha Uke Friends!
    [ premium member ]

This month I learned Johnny B Goode! What a great ukulele arrangement of this awesome tune!
    Please check it out 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.