Participate in the June 2021 Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2021 Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    morrieuke1
    Participant

@brettboy, that was amazing-I enjoyed your performance!!

rickeymike
    Participant

So good, Morrie and Bethany!

too cool, Brett.

biancak
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my take on Sleepwalk. I loved learning it, thanks for the arrangement 🙂

shmu88
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey guys, here is my take on Johnny B Goode… not as groovy as Brett’s unfortunately 😉

Sam

Andrew
    Keymaster

@barbecueblack – Fantastic performance! I only have a couple suggestions for you. First, I’d work on cleaning up your playing a little bit, specifically eliminating buzzy notes. And there’s a few pauses, so target your practice in those transition areas.

@morrieuke1
    – I love that tremolo/reverb sound. Fits this song perfectly! And your performance was excellent, you aced this one! Well done!

@bethany_guardiani
    – I think that’s one of the best fingerstyle performances I’ve heard from you! The best advice I can give is to keep doing what you doing. It’s really cool hearing you progress 🙂

I do have one suggestion: try to keep the ending ritardando a little bit more linear in its flow. Again really good job this month, keep up the great work!

@brettboy
    – This has to be one of my favorite performances from you! The changes you added were very tasteful, and as always, the feel/vibe is spot on. I’m definitely going to share this this week!

@biancak
    – Excellent performance! And great feel to your playing too!

@shmu88
    – Your take was great, Sam! One of the reasons we do so many band arrangements is because it’s a great way to work on timing and groove.

While this arrangement was presented as a solo piece, there’s usually an array of backing tracks you can find on YouTube. Here’s a great one that I’d practice along with. It’ll help you develop both of those areas:

qiuyan
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here’s my take on Rock Around the Clock. Very happy song to learn! A few rhythms off, and it’s harder than I originally expected from the tab (yeah I later noticed it’s level 3…) And somehow my left hand get tired more quickly when practicing this song, probably due to the bar chords.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by qiuyan.
    bomarkt
    Participant

wow nice @qiuyan I’m still struggling at 30% speed😂

andrewvh
    Participant

I am a premium member.

So, Johnny B. Goode. I had a head start with this one. I tried to learn it a couple of years ago before I had premium membership. I was quite proud of the result and even made a video of my progress. Two years later and with more resources available, I think it has improved considerably.

So here’s this month’s entry.

andrewvh
    Participant

……And if you’re interested, here’s where I was at in 2019 (just the intro).

debb1985

I went for Sleep Walk this month. Really love the vibe of this song and it is super fun to play!

qiuyan
    Participant

Thank you @bomarkt ! I was also at 30%-50% speed for a loooong time, and I at best can reach around 70% now.

sebi75

@qiuyan good performance and I understand you, it is really harder than it looks. BTW, my left hand also gets tired very quickly when I play this song, 2 times and I have to take a break 🤷‍♂️.
    Greetings Sebastian

june2020

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello, I started playing ukulele last August, 2020. I’m still pretty rough and have a long way to go with the style, but I am thrilled that I could play this song all the way through in one take (one of many tries!!) Sorry for the bird noises in the background – it’s impossible to keep parakeets quiet. I did have one question about the sound of my uke. I just converted this uke to a low G and it seems to me that the G-string overwhelms the sound of the other strings. Is that normal? Thank you in advance for any pointers on improving my playing.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by june2020.
    debb1985

I forgot to put I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER in my post 🙂 Thanks!

laurakarr12
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!
    Fun Challenge, still working on it!

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.