Participate in the June 2021 Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the June 2021 Challenge – LAST CHANCE TO WIN Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)
  • Author
    joelnal

Hi,

Here is my attempt at Rock Around the Clock. I found this fun but very, very challenging. I feel like I need another month or 2 for it to be presentable but the deadline is here. 🙂

I am a premium member.

themccoys
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Super fun but still rough! Need another month or two to get it smooth and up to tempo.

joe150
    Participant

I am a premium Member.

riley_ukulele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hey Everyone,

This month I decided to learn johnny B. Goode, because it is one of my favorite song on the guitar and ukulele. It was a bit challenging to learn, however it is lots of fun to play. Anyway, here is my recording.

Thanks,
    Riley

bibilele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi folks, this challenge nearly killed me. I chose Jailhouse Rock. Quite okay in the beginning, but a fight to make it to the 100 % speed. Still I loved it. 😊 So here is my attempt, not without fleas. 🙈

sarahd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Panicking again this month that my time is already up! Here’s Sleep Walk, spot the “argh, what am I supposed to do next?” moment.

seoulkim

I am a premium member.

Hi! This is my third Challenge to record my own play since Apr 2021.
    As expected, it was greatly enjoyed learning and practice.
    Thank you for this wonderful challenge session with a potential reword. 🙂

Kind Regards,
    Seoul Kim

brithor
    Participant

I feel you! Although I definitely can’t play the song perfectly, I am doing a lot better without the camera. My fingers start to shake and suddenly I do not remember where I am in the song… To me your version sounds just GREAT!!! Good luck with the drawing.
    Best
    Brigitte

brithor
    Participant

I am a premium member.

Although this was for the intermediate player, I just could not resist because the tune is so lovely. And I wanted to try my new low G!. Good excuse for not enough practice time though: broken bone, operation, hospital time. Realise that this is a lot slower than supposed and, and …… Have mercy on my unmusical soul!!

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

concan
    Participant

I am a premium member

Here is my attempt in june, a little bit slow with some mistakes 😉
    When I was a child we sang this song often in school.

cheun133
    Participant

Hello,

This is my attempt for “Rock Around the Clock”.

Thanks for listening and the feedback in advance.

Roy

Andrew
    Keymaster

Here’s everyone on page 4 and 5 that I hadn’t gotten to yet.

laurakarr12 – Sounds great! Only suggestion I have is to work on 4 bar sections at a time. This way you can focus on timing and keeping it steady. Should help eliminate any pauses 🙂

mademoiselleannette – Well done! Playing sounds great, but some of the rhythms you played were incorrect. For example, the last strum in measure 1 should be a quarter note.

Check out this lesson. It’s got 11 exercises to help you with counting and playing rhythms. But if you want to go for gold, the best way to really understand rhythm and timing is by learning to read music.

Andrew
    Keymaster

@lisa-k – Sounds much smoother! Great job, Lisa 🙂

@sebi75
    – Sounds awesome! Check out the feedback I left for @shmu88 here. It’s got a great backing track you can jam to!

acornjasper

Hi! I am a Premium Member, and …

Here’s my rendition of Sleepwalk.

It’s my first submission and I’m not sure how to embed the file in the post, but this is the YouTube link:

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by acornjasper.
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 134 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.