Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    coffeemug
    Participant

Greetings, Ukers!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Since November has only 30 days, here’s my video of Can’t Help Falling in Love…

Jerry

barbecueblack
    Participant

I Am A Premium Member,

Hello everyone,
    I am learning so much from this forum. The challenge is such a good, focused way to push oneself to improve! Having lots of fun along the way. Here is my November submission: Can’t help falling in love.

rickeymike
    Participant

Jina, so fantastic. I love that Les Paul! You’ll have to message me about how you did that dual performance. Really great even though this old man doesn’t know the song. ha

Andrew
    Keymaster

@barbecueblack – Your video is set to private. Can you make it public?

mfaske
    Participant

Hello Everyone! Here is my entry for November’s Challenge – Can’t Help Falling In Love.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Not near as clean or fluid as I wish. I clearly miss some notes and there’s a lot of buzzing going on, so please excuse the flaws. I’m just happy that I was able to get through the whole thing (after a gazillion takes). This was fun! Thanks to Andrew and AJ, and everyone on RC101. There’s so much talent on this site, thank you all for your inspiration!

Matt

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Thanks so much for a really fun song to practice.

apblondie

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I really enjoyed this arrangement. It has now become my favorite song
    To play. Thank you!

givingtree89

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Hello everyone! Had the flu for over two weeks and didn’t get to practice as much. Still feeling under the weather but I got it done! A bit rough around the edges but I did my best! Here goes nothing!

ukukelley1
    Participant

Happy Thanksgiving weekend, all. Here is I Can’t Help Falling in Love with You.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Question for you, Andrew… I did try to use this one as an exercise in playing with feeling. Note that there’s a short section where I seem to relax a little and I’m actually thinking about the pretty melody and arrangement and ‘feeling it’…and then my fingers jam in the strings and I make a total mess. So if I concentrate I sort of get through it, but it sounds mechanical. If I relax, it sounds prettier, but then I either lose my place or some mayhem ensues. Suggestions?

Thanks,
    Sheryl

mweir1
    Participant

Hi everyone!

I’ve attempted Sweet Child O’ Mine this month. It is definitely the most challenging piece I’ve tried yet!

I spent too much time trying to perfect the first parts and then realized how much there was to learn, and it definitely shows in the outro where my playing is very broken.
    As usual the struggle of trying to get it on video occured, so this is the best that I managed for the whole piece.

Thanks Andrew and Evan for this amazing piece, I will certainly be practicing it more to get it better as it is such a great song!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

ealtman

Here’s my submission for November of House of Rising Sun

Elizabeth Altman
    Member: ealtman

Andrew
    Keymaster

Friendly reminder, the deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM EST tonight. (Check Your Local Time Zone)

Some of you have noticed that times are displayed incorrectly on the main forums page, but they are shown correctly on posts (i.e., above this post). The forum developers are working to fix this issue.

bklynsoul
    Participant

I’m also a PREMIUM MEMEBER.

I keep trying to get these recordings done sooner. Anyway, here’s my attempt at House of….

chi-_-t
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Well I suppose this wasn’t terrible but I’m not too proud of it. And I totally blew the harmonics at the end but I’ll get there eventually.

Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.