Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    surfnrz

First of all many thanks to Evan for an amazing arrangement and to Andrew for a killer lesson. This was a dream come true to tackle and play this song. That being said, I’m not too proud of this performance. I tried to budget my time over the month, working many hours on this. I literally spent the entire day recording this. Sorry it’s in two parts, it’s such a long song, I’d get so far and then make a mistake! Yikes. I will continue to work on this to get it to an acceptable level. Kudos to everyone who attempted this one. I enjoyed everyone’s performances this month. You all rock! I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

rickeymike
    Participant

Fantastic Golf, I’ve lowered your handicap down to 3!

rickeymike
    Participant

Congrats Surfn, You’re in the upper echelon with us!

cyberloh
    Participant

Hi Andrew, thank you so much for your valuable feedback and advice! Exactly, that’s the problem I’m facing in this song.

kelsey91
    Participant

Hi everyone! So here is my entry for this month with House of the Rising Sun. I know it’s far from perfect but I have been practicing over the last two weeks and have come a long way from the first day! I also get a little nervous when I’m recording and I got everyone out of the room long enough to get this take. 😄 Congrats on everyone else for their entries. I know with more practice someday I can get it more up to speed.
    Can’t wait to play some Christmas songs! I just taught my little cousin how to play jingle bells as he just joined a uke club at school. Anyway hope you enjoy!

wongbrown

I am a premium member.

I am submitting House of the Rising Sun. Still find it hard to move from chord D to F in finger picking. Need more practice 😊

cyukug
    Participant

@stephen Thank you for the great advice

dubrova
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My submission of House of the Rising Sun.
    I am a beginner, actually, it’s my first try of strumming. (except for The Sound of Silence from the previous month). I will definitely continue practicing it since it’s one of my favorite songs. Thanks Rockclass101 for wonderful arrangements and helpful tips for challenge participants.

Luba

tiff27
    Participant

Here’s my simpler version of House of the Rising Sun for you. Actually memorized it! Just not very well.

jazzitup
    Participant

Here’s my submission for November, playing House of the rising sun.

jazzitup
    Participant

ramon91
    Participant

This is my posting to take part in the November Challenge – and it’s also my first one. I hope my information in Soundcloud aren’t wrong. Ok, seems like this one is a folk song, but it might be interesting when it’s about other songs.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by ramon91.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by ramon91.
    jinajupiter
    Participant

I’m a Premium member

I finally received my electric Les Paul Uke a week ago, so happy!
    It’s tenor sized and with metal strings, so it was a bit different.
    Further I don’t know so much about effects so I was fiddling around a bit.
    Recorded in four takes, beginning till solo, acomapaniement, solo and end.
    I wish I had more time to filter the sloppiness out.
    And also I would like to play with a pick.
    Thanks Andrew and Evan.

yukalele
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

This is my effort on House of the Rising Sun. Took a while to get the pick, but now I can’t stop playing it!

David

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by yukalele.
    surfnrz

@jinajupiter that was fantastic, excellent playing! I loved your editing! Great job on the solo. That Risa has such a sweet tone. I have the black Les Paul, superb instruments.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.