Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Keymaster

Here are the rest of folks on page 15.

gardn_gnome – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

golf39 – Bravo! You definitely are a great player, but one area that you want to work on is rhythm and timing. You play the correct notes and you have a nice feel, but the rhythm was not evident a lot of times.

I’d recommend playing along with me bar by bar in the video lessons and counting alongside me as you play. If you are new to studying rhythmic notation, jump into this course. It’s the best way to learn.

jayton – Excellent performance! I’m extremely impressed for 1 year. I’ve got nothing constructive to add except, keep doing what you doing it’s working!

nitsur
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I really tried not to miss notes on this but pretty sure I did anyway..

House of the Rising Sun

santai
    Participant

Here’s my entry for November!
    As always I had great fun with this challenge. 🙂

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

kanae926
    Participant

Hi, uke friends!

So here’s my November challenge submission with the debut of my Kala thin body concert. It’s the first low G piece I’ve learned on it since getting it 14 months ago. Haha! It’s been quietly waiting its turn all this time and it’s a lot more resonant than you’d expect from such a thin body.

Anyway, the performance is far from perfect and although I have a lot of gripes about it (as always), time’s run out, so here it is in all its imperfect glory. As much as I loved this arrangement (it’s beautiful), I’m ready to move on to December and ALL THE CHRISTMAS SONGS.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

lildevil
    Participant

Wait! You mean November DOESN”T have 50 days? Ugh. Best laid plans. In the end, last minute submission. Less than stellar. There’s always next month.

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

• This reply was modified 4 years, 4 months ago by Andrew. Reason: PM Added
    laurasil
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Recording this frustrated me more than I care to admit because once I started recording my fingers started fumbling and each time I made a mistake that distracted me and had to start again. I wish I had more time, but oh well, this was a hard song, and it makes me excited to know I can play one of the greatest songs out there. Evan, I admire you so much (and thanks to Andrew for your wonderful guidance)

lildevil
    Participant

Once again, I forgot to say

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

robinboyd
    Participant

Laura – that was awesome!!!!
    Jina – I love the solo on the electric uke.

I’m so happy that a bunch of people got SCOM in at the last minute.

aquatopaz
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.

Worked on the umpteenth time from a different login window. Confusing.

cherrytang
    Participant

This is my first entry in a Rock Class 101 challenge. To say I’m a bit nervous is an understatement, but I did see my confidence grow throughout the month. Thanks, Andrew, for the chance to grow my self as a player.

isabelm
    Participant

This is definitely a late entry so I understand it doesn’t count. Posting so I can track my progress. This month flew by, so for next month I will learn the piece earlier, and it will sound more fluid. I’m really enjoying these monthly challenges!

puppylovesuke
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

My 2nd attempt at performing a song… long way to go on this one.

House of the Rising Sun

maryjanew
    Participant

I am a Premium Member.
    Mary Wisniewski.
    My first time joining a challenge here at Rock Class 101!
    I may have bitten off more than I can chew but I wanted to challenge myself. I am trying to learn finger style. I didn’t have enough time to really work on this well but I did the best I could with the short amount of time I had. This was VERY challenging for me!
    I had major connection issues trying to upload to YouTube and then I was having trouble finding where to post this on rockclass101! I finally found it but when I got it figured out, it was after midnight!
    Please! Can you credit me for getting this in?!?
    I will have more time for the December challenge.
    Thank you for the educational lessons!

November challenge “can’t help falling in love”

oldan_
    Participant

Hello everyone, lots of fun going through all the great submissions…impressed by the guys tackling Bohemian Rhapsody 🙂

So here is my slightly improved version of the November challenge. Couldnt practice as much as I wanted and the strum is still a struggle, even tho I love this song and arrangement.

funtime2018
    Participant

I am a Premium Member

Hi Andrew, I had a technical issue preventing me from posting. I’m not too happy with the squeaky A string (open and fretted) on this recording – could you give me some feedback on what causes it ie strings?

All my best,
    Marion

Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.