Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge – 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile'a!

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 309 total)
  • Author
    nthibode

Thanks @becky7777 and @mdugal! There always seems to be something new we can learn 🙂

willymac
    Participant

Wow, everyone is doing such a great job on these songs…wow. Congratulations, this is a great challenge. I do have a question though. I’ve been working on I Can’t Help Falling in Love and I decided to listen to the Elvae version so I could add dynamics and every swing detector I have went off. Someone in his band is swinging eigth notes. I’m not sure who. When I listen to the instruments individually they’re playing straight eigths, but when I listen to the whole band it swings. I’m not sure what’s happening, but it swings. The next time I played the song, I was swining eigth notes too. I’ve tried to stop, but the music won’t allow me to. Should I switch songs or am I allowed to swing the eigths?

Andrew
    Keymaster

@willymac – Give it a shot! Will be interesting to hear how it comes out 🙂

brenna
    Participant

Hallo!!
    I love this song!!
    That’s my version, not perfect as usual..
    Matt is a very smoot performer. I”m not.

Ciao a tutti!!

rickeymike
    Participant

Beautiful Gian, Love the ending!!!!! Nice touch. ……..go back and edit your post with : “I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER”

I’ve saved your youtube post so I can watch your fingers at 75% speed. That is my objective to get this song to 75% by the deadline. ha

brenna
    Participant

Thanks Rickey!!!

holly1

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi all! My turn….
    I chose House of the Rising Sun, I love the strumming melody. Thanks Matt & Andrew for keeping me going! ~Holly

brenna
    Participant

Molto brava!!

cauer2

Brennan, I liked what you did at the end too. Very nice touch.

cauer2

Very nice Holly 👍. Cool looking uke too.

rickeymike
    Participant

Yay, Holly!

brenna
    Participant

Thanks!!

holly1

thanks guys!

@cauer2
    – that uke is my baby. Lol, I love it so. But I love the gloss your uke has, I’m looking for a gloss finish in my next ukulele. Apart from watching and enjoying everyone’s performances, I like to see what your all ukuleles look like and how they sound.

stinyuke

Hi everyone

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Well done on everyone’s submission! 🙂

Here’s my submission on “The House of the Rising Sun”. I found it much more challenging than it seemed to be because of thw ghost note strumming pattern. I first practised the song with just normal strums to get thw rythm then i put it in the ghost notes.

When I practised the harmonic at the end some questions came up for which i couldn’t find an answer: why does the pitch get higher when you play an harmonic on the 7th or 5th fret? And is it possible to play a harmonic on the hole neck of the ukulele? I tried it on the 10th or 11th fret but i just couldn’t do it there.

Thanks a lot and happy strumming 🙂
    Christina

stinyuke

Very well played brenna! I like how you changed the ending! Very cool

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 309 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.