Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    lyndallk
    Participant

If that’s a Brettboy practice, no wonder his performances are so spectacular

morrieuke1
    Participant

I love this melody, and it sounds so nice on uke thanks Steven :)a few tweaks to try and make it work on low G

I am a PREMIUM member

Andrew
    Keymaster

@morrieuke1 – Beautiful playing, Michael! I’m gonna share it in our newsletter today 🙂

morrieuke1
    Participant

Wow super honored, thanks Andrew!!

lbilkie
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

I played video games in the 70s (Asteroids and Space Invaders, anyone?!) But, @Andrew, my son is your age and he played Zelda. I remember being in the kitchen cooking dinner while he was playing in the family room and hearing this sweet tune. So it brought back good memories for me to learn this.

mark1256
    Participant

@morrieuke1 very nice. I am rally struggling with that one.

rafaela
    Participant

I am a PREMIUM MEMBER.

The Zelda game I grew up with was “Spirit Tracks” for the Nintendo DS – a friend of mine showed that game to me and it immediately excited my curiosity. Then we’d spend afternoons together playing that game and helping each other out when we were stuck 😀 So learning “Zelda’s Lullaby” this month brought back a lot of great memories, and I might even dust off my old Nintendo DS and give the game another try!

Thanks for listening! Rafaela 🙂

jgillard
    Participant

I am a premium member

This is definitely not the best. (A few stumbles) But I’ll post it anyways.. Maybe do an update at the end of the week if I have time. 🙂

barbecueblack
    Participant

Dear Rockclass

I chose the Great Fairy Mountain for the November 2022 challenge. It was amazing how the song became so much more melodious just by adding some notes in between the main melody. Thank you Rockclass!

Here is my version:

I am a PREMIUM member.

Cheers

gi_gi_
    Participant

@Rafaela that was so relaxing to listen to. Beautiful job.

rafaela
    Participant

@gi_gi_ Oohh thank you so much! 🙂

gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

The story I remember about Zelda (20+ years ago) is that we had recently moved to the area with our 18 month old daughter. We hired a 12 year-old neighbor boy to watch her for a few hours while my wife and I went out to dinner. He saw we had an unhooked up Nintendo set and he asked if I would like him to wire it up for me. When we came home, our daughter was happily “playing” on an unplugged controller and the boy had the highest score that I had ever seen with my daughter’s name next to it…

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
    Jerry

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by gstriph.
    jedart
    Participant

Premium member.

I am far from ready to share my playing, but I’ll be traveling this week and I wanted to get into this months challenge. I recorded myself practicing, first time trying this on my concert uke.

dianna
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Maybe I should have taken on ‘Storm of Storms,’ this month based on our weather. Instead, I practiced Zelda’s Lullaby, a tune that I had never heard before. Because I was unfamiliar with it, I decided to do a little googling and discovered that in this Zelda universe music plays a powerful role….which I found intriguing. Specifically, ‘Zelda’s Lullaby’ was considered sacred in Zelda’s world. Of course, this is nothing new to those of you who play this game, but for me it was significant. Another bit of trivia is that the Lullaby is “The Ballad of the Goddesses” (another Zelda tune) played in reverse.

Anyway, it is a beautiful piece of music….thanks for the challenge….a few flubs and hesitation as I attempt to move around the fretboard, but it’s time to submit….too much going on in the next couple weeks.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by dianna.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by dianna.
    leb397
    Participant

@dianna don’t think your Zelda song posted either time ?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.