Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the October 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    bibilele
    Participant

I chose “Stranger things theme”. I’m still not too good at speedy pieces so I try to play more of these. 🙂
    As autumn has not yet arrived in Germany, I was able to record in the Asian garden. Enjoy!

addilein
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here comes the Haunted Uke:

Andrew
    Keymaster

@samash07 – Beautiful playing, Sam! Double check the rhythm in the B Melody. You changed some of them, which sounded cool. Just bringing it up incase it wasn’t intentional.

And we def want to make more piano/uke duets 🙂

@bibilele
    – Fingerpicking sounds great! Try to get that 3 chord change a little faster so it matches the tempo of the fingerpicking. BTW I love the scenery!

P.S. Don’t forget to add the premium tag 😉

@addilein
    – Excellent performance 👏

gisele

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Perhaps my first post was deleted, or perhaps I didn’t submit. In any case, if this is a duplicate post, my apologies. Still learning the tech. I’m not just a total beginner at ukelele but also at using such forums!

Rather shy about posting my first attempts at learning anything on the ukelele, but the chance to win that amazing ukelele is so incredible, I’m willing to stretch well past my comfort zone!

Here’s hoping just copying the link to the vimeo video works in this forum.

Thanks for the amazing opportunity, and thanks a ton for the lessons! I’m having so much fun!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by gisele.
    samash07
    Participant

That’s great to hear Andrew, look forward to them!

And regarding the B melody, it changed accidentally while recording as I was entranced by the piano piece. But glad you still liked it! 🙂

dianna
    Participant

Thank-you Andrew for the feedback….timing is essential….and one of my challenges…..will keep working at it!

madz_about_uke
    Participant

Thank you @Andrew for the feedback. I think I’ve increased my speed a bit. Appreciate your feedback.

nelsonlin2021
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

I love the Halloween 👻 🎃 themed challenge this month and really enjoyed learning this Stranger Things Theme arrangement. I love the fact I was able to participate this challenge even when I’m on vacation overseas in a campground. I practiced at 70 BPM and hopefully I stayed true to the rhythm in my performance recording.

I did make quite a few mistakes but I tried to cover them up and kept playing along and hopefully no one noticed 🙂 I welcome any feedback.

krajisunny
    Participant

Hello,
    I chose “Fingerpicking Etude no. 31” for the October challenge. Yay, campanella and confused fingers! 👻

I filmed this inside the waiting room of my car dealership while getting an oil change. It has some mistakes in it but this is the best I could do with limited time playing in a public space, which always make me self-conscious. ;D

lynettejd
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Playing with a backing track was new to me and a bit of a challenge but I enjoyed it!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@gisele – Great job, Gisele! You’ve got a great base established, so I’d suggest working on memorizing the music and timing.

Start with one piece at a time. Practice 2 to 4 bars at a time. Aim to play from memory and with a steady tempo. When you’re comfortable with that, use the same approach for the next couple bars, then piece it together.

Breaking songs into small chunks like this is one of the best ways to practice 🙂

@nelsonlin2021
    – Excellent fingerpicking, Nelson! Watch out to not rush the 3 chord change that happens twice in the tune. Try playing along with me in the tab player to help nail the timing there.

@krajisunny
    – Bravo! Excellent performance Sunny! 👏

@lynettejd
    – Timing and playing sound spot on! Well done! Only rhythm to double check is the 4th bar of Melody B. You started the last lick a little late. But not a big deal, it still sounded great!

bibilele
    Participant

Thank you very much for your feedback, @Andrew! I just can’t count the 3 chord part. Think I have to listen to it a 100 times more to get the timing right.
    And yes, I am a premium member. 🙂 Thanks for the reminder to mention that.

ukulelee
    Participant

Happy Fall Andrew and crew!

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER!

I truly appreciate all I’ve learned, and continue to learn from RockClass 101. Thank you for this challenge. This tune is an earworm. Perfect for the season.

gstriph
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER.

Each was a challenge in its own way…

Happy Halloween!

Andrew
    Keymaster

@ukulelee – Beautifully played, Leone. And thank you for the kind words, I really appreciate it 🙂

@gstriph
    – Bravo, Jerry! You aced it! My only suggestion is to work on boosting tempo on the last melody. But this was def one of the best performances I’ve seen from you to date. Keep up the excellent work!

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 194 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.