Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterFantastic performance! I do have one suggestion, which is to lighten up your strum/pluck attack. Check out this video I made awhile back for another member which covers this same concept:
AndrewKeymasterLooks like it’s set to private, can you make it public?
May 10, 2021 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46938
AndrewKeymaster@debb1985 – Well done! Nice touch w/ the vibrato in the opening riff. The only things I’d suggest working on is that transition going into the chorus and try not to tug down on the notes in the ending lick – specifically string 2. Awesome performance overall!
AndrewKeymasterCan you upload it to YouTube and share the link here? Our upload feature is for photos.
May 10, 2021 at 1:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46931
AndrewKeymaster@mark1256 – Well done, Mark! Your playing has a great feel. The only thing I’d say is to tighten up the rhythm a bit in the verse and keep doing what you’re doing, it sounds great!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Chiara! I look forward to hearing you play 🙂
AndrewKeymasterHi Amy, you can hide the tab in Soundslice by following the steps shown in this video.
Hope that helps and def check out our reading course if you haven’t yet 🙂
AndrewKeymasterI’m happy to hear that you like it! That means a lot to me 🙂
So if you’re just reading the tab (numbers), then everything is identical for baritone or low G. Only the chord names and notation would differ. Hope that helps!
May 7, 2021 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46905
AndrewKeymaster@smokealot – Performance was excellent! Well done! That slide sounds fine to me. Only comment I have is maybe you are pushing too hard with the pinky as you slide up?
May 7, 2021 at 10:10 am in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46899
AndrewKeymasterSounds good to me! I dig the electric tone too 🙂
May 6, 2021 at 5:04 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46896
AndrewKeymaster@bethany_guardiani – Can you post a video playing it? I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what’s happening.
May 6, 2021 at 11:11 am in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46883
AndrewKeymasterAndrea, Matt used his left hand to mute since the right hand is strumming. Try to lightly, and evenly, touch across all 4 strings to mute. I’d practice this way: take any strum pattern and insert muted strums into it. That way you can get used to going from ringing out to muted.
May 5, 2021 at 12:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46877
AndrewKeymasterSounds awesome! Couple things I’d suggest:
1) Focus on timing. You can do this either by looping sections while playing along to a click or with Matt in the tab player. But note, he does use rubato – especially for the 3rd melody. So if you use the player, you may want to put it into synthetic mode.
2) Pause your video at 53 seconds. You’ll notice you are hugging the neck, which limits mobility/dexterity of the left hand. Take a look at this lesson on proper left hand form. Try not to curve your wrist inwards either.
AndrewKeymasterCongrats, Patrick! I love this! Such a thoughtful thing to do 🙂
-
AuthorPosts