Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 24, 2021 at 8:56 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47048
AndrewKeymaster@brettboy – bravo, Brett! That was awesome, especially the epic solo performance! I loved it! I’ve told you this many times, but it’s got to be said on this take – your groove is so good! Such smooth playing, especially when you kick into that pre-chorus. Nicely done!
The only critique I can give is to tidy up the first verse and be aware that you added a couple extra beats to the end of that opening keyboard riff. Not a big deal if you are doing a solo performance, but something to be aware of if you play in an ensemble.
May 24, 2021 at 2:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47046
AndrewKeymaster@qiuyan – Great job overall! I noticed that you seem a little tense while you play. Try this: Move your strumming hand closer to where the fretboard and sound hole meet, then try opening your shoulders and playing while looking away from the uke.
May 24, 2021 at 11:50 am in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47045
AndrewKeymaster@misterbones – you’re at the point where you can play along with the band backing track. That’s what I’d do. The drums and bass will keep you in check. And it’s super fun to jam with them!
May 24, 2021 at 12:28 am in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47042May 23, 2021 at 8:35 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47037
AndrewKeymaster@misterbones – bravo, Michael! That was awesome! Great job on the synth solo!
You’ve got a great feel to your playing. But I do have one suggestion, which is to slow the tempo down. You’re going faster than the original recording. Sometimes that works for songs, but for this one I don’t think it sounds better faster. Plus, slowing it down should help clean up some of the tricky pull-off/hammer-on licks that happen throughout the arr.
But seriously overall, it was killer! Keep up the great work and thank you for the kind words 🙂
@stianukulele – Fantastic groove to your playing. Love it! And I checked out that band, they rock! Wish we had something like that here in America.
AndrewKeymasterSounds beautiful 🙂
May 23, 2021 at 12:17 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47031
AndrewKeymaster@katazumiri – very well played, excellent performance!
@ccwuke – timing sounds great, Chris! Well done this month, keep up the great work!
@clempek – you played it well! But I would agree, slow down a little bit. This song has a groove to it and it’s hard to lock in if you’re going too fast. Play along with Matt in the tab player. That’ll help you lock into that groove.
@bomarkt – well done! I think you’ve got a great base established. Try this: take 4 bars at a time and loop them in the tab player. Slow it down to whatever speed you need, but set a goal of playing it perfectly and steadily in time. When you get comfortable at that speed, try 5 or 10 BPM faster.When we break songs down into sections, it makes practicing much more efficient because you’re not trying to play everything from the get-go.
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @dindinnet! Glad to have you here 🙂
May 21, 2021 at 2:10 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #47009
AndrewKeymaster@ukule_lise – Fantastic performance, Elise! Great vibe and feel throughout. Only tip I have is to keep that pinky hovering over the neck – like you do on the chords at 1 min into performance. That way it’s always ready for action.
May 20, 2021 at 1:08 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46998
AndrewKeymaster@marlongas – Flawless performance, well done!
@bethany_guardiani – That was amazing, so much raw energy in your performance. I loved it! I only have one tip for you. When you’re running the main riff up and down the neck, don’t tuck the ring finger underneath the fretboard. Keep it floating above so it’s always ready for action.Keep up the great work and the tone sounds awesome on that electric!
@shmu88 – I’d be super proud of that performance! You did a great job on the solo, especially that crazy tapping lick! For the synth solo, slow that one down and work on getting every note to ring clear.Looking at the big picture, what I’d do moving forward is to play along with the tab player (with the full band). Slow it down a bit and work on getting everything clean while keeping the timing steady. But seriously, well done overall!
@lbilkie – Excellent performance, keep up the great work! Here’s one quick tip on the last lick:May 20, 2021 at 12:44 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46997
AndrewKeymasterHere’s everyone on page 2 that I haven’t gotten to yet.
tric_o_tronic – Well done! From here, what I’d work on is keeping it steady. Start with 4 or 8 bar sections. Your goal is to play it perfectly in time. Don’t move on to the next section until you’ve got it down.
As for your question, unfortunately I’m not able to answer it without being able to hear/see you play it. Post a video in this forum and I’d be happy to take a look.
bibilele – Timing on the first half is spot-on, well done! When you get to the verse and chorus, I’d practice that with a metronome. Overall it was an excellent performance, keep up the great work!
ldarrow – I think you did really well on those chord transitions! To be honest, I’ve never been a fan of that barred fingering for the Dm. If it was me, I’d omit string 4 and do X210. And of course, strum from 3 down. It makes the chord a little less “full sounding”, but way easier to play IMO.
sebi75 -Here is my feedback for you 🙂
kirpuff – That was amazing! It was an honor to share it. The comments on insta have been incredible. You’ve really inspired a lot of folks! Keep up the great work, Sara!
ukandrea – Performance sounds great! I’m in the same boat as you on that Dm. See my comments above for @ldarrow for an alternative work around.
samash07 – Awesome job for only 3 days of practice! You’ve got a great base established, but I’d work on the timing a bit more. Some parts are little rushed so try playing along with Matt in the tab player.
AndrewKeymasterGlad all is working as normal 🙂
May 17, 2021 at 12:13 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2021 Challenge – WIN Kanile’a Baritone Ukulele! #46979
AndrewKeymaster@chiaracasella – I’d play the chords under the solo and then go into the synth solo. So don’t jump straight from chorus to synth solo.
For the ending, try this:
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @liboriuson! Glad to have you here 🙂
AndrewKeymasterI’d definitely check your internet connection first, as Kanni said. If issues persist, I’d be happy to contact Vimeo support to see if something is happening on their end that’s affecting playback in your country.
-
AuthorPosts