Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Mr. sandman #45564
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Bravo! You have a great feel to your playing πŸ™‚

    There’s a couple things I’d suggest working on:

    1) Try not to bend your fingers inwards at the first joint. For ex: 17 seconds into your performance with the ring finger. We always want to be curved at the first joint and fretting with the fingertip.

    2) Your timing gets a little off on some of the harder bars. Follow these 3 steps and apply it to a couple bars at a time. Master the timing there and continue to tackle the rest in small sections.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @biancak – Katie made a great video on uke maintenance πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Theory Question #45540
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Glad you enjoyed the lesson πŸ™‚

    As to your question: 5 is expendable. The 3rd is what determines the quality of the chord. So in the example above, 1 (G) and 3 (B) is enough information to discern a major 3rd interval which alludes to a major triad.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @malku2603 – Check out this explanation, it covers the technique of the strum. You want to work on doing the strum and “flick” in unison.


    @biancak
    – Try practicing that section but at a much slower tempo. Keep the tempo steady (no rit.). When you’re comfortable with the jumps, boost the tempo and then try adding the rit.

    in reply to: Hello from Birmingham, England #45495
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Ian! Keep at it and if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask πŸ™‚

    in reply to: I’m Yours #45475
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Looks and sounds great to me πŸ™‚ I’d work on increasing tempo. Try 5 or 10 bpm faster and when that’s clean, go up another 5/10.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @cncamacho – Looks like the track isn’t available on soundcloud.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @samash07 – Sounds great, Sam! I would just work on the transitions, so you don’t have pauses. Keep up the great work!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    annemarie – Here’s my feedback for you. And here’s the lesson I referenced.

    qiuyan – Well done, Qiuyan! Excellent job on the pace of the piece and I love the arpeggiated plucks. Keep up the great work!

    andrewvh – Well done, Andrew! Timing & feel is spot on πŸ™‚

    lisadmh – Performance sounds great! From what I can see for the barre chords, it looks like you are pushing too hard. So it’s like a clothes pin, the thumb and the index push inwards together. Only push hard enough to get the notes to ring clear. So experiment with how much pressure you need to accomplish that.

    coffeemug – Playing wise, it was great overall! I know Steven’s lesson touched on rubato, which works great for this song.

    But the key to rubato is how you use it. If you listen to the first section of your performance, it has a slow and elegant feel to it.

    At 44 seconds, you kick off into the next section. And you can hear that it sounds rather rushed compared to the first.

    So when you listen back to performances, that’s the thing that I would be keeping an ear on. Which is: how does the section or phrase connect to the one before and/or after.

    amaddi – Sounds great! The only suggestion I have is to slow the tempo down a little bit. It’ll allow the music to breathe more.

    terryfallon3 – Here’s my feedback for you. And here’s the lesson I referenced.

    turkgoose – Bravo, great performance!

    brettboy – Sounds great with the guitar! Keep working on the B Melody so you can get it a little bit cleaner.

    ukandoit – Love the reverb, tone sounds great! And of course a lot of that is due to your performance πŸ˜‰ Well done, Matthieu!

    in reply to: Tab Viewer count in, please #45426
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I made an overview on how to use it. It’s the second video on this page (jump 6 minutes into it).

    But, SS is constantly updating their player. You can check out this page to see all the latest features.

    in reply to: Tab Viewer count in, please #45424
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    A count in feature is built in. Here’s how to enable it:

    in reply to: I’m Yours #45421
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Can you share a video playing that part? I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what you’re doing.

    in reply to: Game Of Thrones Theme #45391
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Bravo! Well played, Simon πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @annemarie – can you upload your video to YouTube and share the link? Our upload feature is meant for photos only.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @myukemylife – that works!

Viewing 15 posts - 1,771 through 1,785 (of 4,195 total)