Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 4,196 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Aloha from Sonoma County, CA #40019
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Paul! Glad you found us πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @b_ukes_101 – It’ll be posted here, no live stream and prob before the 5th, as soon as we get through leaving feedback πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Artificial (Tapped) Harmonics #39966
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Andrew what level would you rate me as a ukulele player I have been playing for 2 years.

    Please send me an email with an additional video of you playing. I’d be happy to help advice you, but let’s keep this forum post focused on harmonics πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Artificial (Tapped) Harmonics #39957
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yes, it’s a level 4 song – our most advanced level. Every song is ranked in 1 of 5 levels: from beginner level to levels 1-4. The Beginner Level and Level 1 are more beginner-friendly tunes. Level 2-4 takes you into the intermediate to advanced level.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on page 9 that we hadn’t gotten to yet.


    @wongbrown
    – Well done, Sheila! You’ve improved A LOT over the last 2 years! Keep up the great work πŸ™‚


    @threepwoodjones
    – Great job! The only thing I want to point out is that I heard a couple melody notes that were incorrect. Just double check the lesson/tab πŸ™‚


    @elealong12
    – Here is my feedback for you and the lesson I referenced is Module 4, Unit 1 from our Strumming Techniques Course.

    in reply to: Artificial (Tapped) Harmonics #39950
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    hey, Andrew one thing when I do the tapped harmonics do hit the fret bar or do I just don’t touch it at all.

    Yes, you will touch it when tapping. Key thing to remember: it’s a quick tap.

    Andrew, can you do two tapped artificial harmonics at the same time?

    Yes, but that’s not something we’ll be covering at this time.

    Andrew, I can do the harmonics now how do I make it louder?

    I’d recommend practicing on what I advised for a few days to a week and then posting a video so that I can follow up to make sure things look okay πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Artificial (Tapped) Harmonics #39941
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I wouldn’t worry too much about volume now. The other areas I mentioned are more important to focus on.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    If you guys dig 80’s me (LOL), check out our new T-Shirts!

    null

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @eszti5mail – Beautifully played! Try a little lighter tap at the end of the piece for that harmonic. The trick with that technique is to do a quick tap. Check out my reply to Dennis in this forum post for a more detailed explanation of this.


    @lissid
    – Amazing, Melissa! I can’t believe you’ve only played for 3 months! I was so impressed, I shared this on our social media today! Keep up the great work πŸ™‚


    @samash07
    – Well done! Only 2 things stood out to me. First, watch out for pulling down on the strings when fretting notes. For ex, pause the video at 19 seconds and you can see that happening. The issue with doing that is that it causes the note to go sharp and sounds a bit out of tune. Try to keep the strings parallel at all times.

    Second, is what you mentioned – timing. Only a couple times though, you did very well overall! Just double down on your practice in the sections that are tough.


    @stianukulele
    – So goooood!! I’m gonna send the to CDS, he’ll love it!

    Your right hand technique is killer. Your speed is insane. And your rhythms sound amazing AND the dynamic build at 54 seconds was perfectly executed. Like I said – so good!

    I do have a couple suggestions on what you may want to focus on. First, the ending of the intro – don’t rush that phrase, it sounded a little too jumbled together.

    Second, right after the intro (Melody A), I want to hear the melody notes (C, B, A) on the first string a little more clearly defined. And that’s literally all my critiques – amazing job!

    in reply to: Artificial (Tapped) Harmonics #39909
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @theukuelenoob – Thank you so much for the video! So you’re actually doing the same thing Dennis (the original poster) did, which was lingering too long on the tap – but, there’s an additional issue – your accuracy is not spot on. Make sure you tap directly on top of the second metal frets. Start with just the open strings (second metal fret, on the fretwire of the 12th fret) before trying the rest for that song.

    I’d recommend reviewing the video I left for Dennis and the tutorial for this technique, as well as, running through the exercises for this technique from the course. Let me know how it goes πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from Somerset in the UK #39904
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Mike! I’d recommend starting here. I’m always around so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask πŸ™‚

    in reply to: I am cathy #39897
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Cathy! Glad to have you on-board πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from St Pete, Florida! #39856
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Cat! Awesome to hear you are having fun and I love your new uke! It’s super cute πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from Marseille, France #39855
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Vincent! Happy to have you on-board πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Lisa got her ukulele today and it look AMAZING! Can’t wait to hear it πŸ™‚

    null

Viewing 15 posts - 2,086 through 2,100 (of 4,196 total)