Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,881 through 2,895 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Friday Surprise! #26653
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Ahhh we have a winner @kanae926. It’s Drop Dead Legs. That outro solo is mind blowing!

    in reply to: Friday Surprise! #26646
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s a hint: from the Dave era and was not a hit.

    You guys can guess again 😉 and lol Nathalie

    in reply to: How to Set up Loop #26633
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yes! Check out the 2nd video on this page and jump 6 minutes into it for a detailed breakdown on how to use the tab player.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    planetfink – Way to go! Here is one tip for you 🙂

    carmeloukes – Hey Carmelo, awesome to see you participating! Keep working at it, but tackle it in chunks. I’ll leave you detailed feedback when you post your final version 🙂

    lisadmh – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

    cncamacho – Well done! So you have a really strong base established, but it feels like it’s dragging a bit. So to fix this, I want you to focus on mastering 2 bar phrases at a time. So take the first 2 bars, get the timing down, then take the next 2 bars, get the timing down. Then practice bars 1 through 4.

    Use the same approach throughout the entire piece, and it will help you in keeping a steadier tempo.

    tessa84 – Awesome to see you back! And I dig the tone of the banjo 🙂 Check out the advice I left for Lisa above. I’d like you to try a little bit more of a relaxed feel as you play through the piece. Let me know what you think about that.

    kanae926 – Excellent job! Here’s my feedback on when you improved the breaks and filled it in with a strum pattern.

    coffeemug – Here is my tip for you.

    in reply to: Do I mute strings #26605
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Sorry, was thinking chords. Use the left hand to mute 🙂

    in reply to: Do I mute strings #26604
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yep! Use the palm of your right hand to touch the string to mute it.

    in reply to: Can my Uke split from change of temperature? #26576
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi Marni, I wouldn’t worry about it with your ukes. It’s more of a concern when the uke is made from a softwood, like Redwood. But use commonsense, don’t leave it locked in a hot car all day.

    in reply to: Numbered fretboard #26530
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here are my thoughts on it.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Correct. And as long as you have an active premium membership, as in it hasn’t expired, you are good to go!

    in reply to: When I'm 64 #26520
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Awesome! Looks like someone has a head start for May 😉

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Awesome to see you back, Tessie!

    in reply to: Hi from Victoria, Australia. #26511
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome! From the across the world 🙂

    in reply to: Because #26505
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Awesome! Look forward to hearing it 🙂

    in reply to: Hello From The Gulf Coast #26477
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @rickeymike scroll down to the bottom of the site, you’ll see the link to LP in the footer 🙂

    in reply to: Use of pinky for fretting #26475
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Unlike piano, which is very strict on fingering, uke doesn’t have a set right or wrong. We’ll always recommend the fingering we think is best, but sometimes it may not be best for your playing style. For example, I’ve watched a lot of Evan’s performances and noted the fingerings that he chooses. Sometimes they do not work well with my playing style, so I change them to best suit me.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,881 through 2,895 (of 4,195 total)