Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
July 15, 2022 at 11:16 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52739July 12, 2022 at 5:39 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52735
AndrewKeymasterOf course you can LOL π
July 12, 2022 at 11:42 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52732
AndrewKeymaster@malku2603 – Beautifully played and very cool to see you do the “flick” strum technique. One tip for that technique, it sounds like the pluck of the melody note is delayed a bit behind the strum. Try to cut down on that gap by plucking immediately following the strum.
And TY for the kind words! I appreciate it π
July 9, 2022 at 8:12 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52699
AndrewKeymaster@madz_about_uke – Wow! That was phenomenal, bravo! π
July 9, 2022 at 7:44 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52696
AndrewKeymasterHi Sara, it sounds like you are falling behind. I’m emailing you an mp3 with a click throughout. Try tapping your foot on beats 1 and 4 throughout. Also, double check the chords when backing the solo. Couple sound off. And TY for the kind words! I appreciate it π
AndrewKeymasterThank you, Annemarie! I use Jazz III picks. You can hear what they sound like on uke in the solo for La Bamba and The Chicken.
I tried felt, I didn’t like them. Never tried leather and honestly never knew that was an option. The Jazz III are made out of nylon. Diff feel than plastic picks. They also are small picks, which I prefer over large ones.
July 7, 2022 at 4:24 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52684
AndrewKeymaster@maryjanew – Ohhh! That works really well as a duet. Love it, sounds great!
Have a great trip and yes, PM tag is only needed for K challenges π
@ukandrea – Beautifully played and a nicely added harmony in your version π
AndrewKeymasterI don’t have much experience with pedals for uke, but for guitar I do! I use a Wampler Ego Compressor and Boss DD-3 for delay. You can hear them both on this clip:
AndrewKeymasterSure! But I’d recommend posting it in Showcase Your Playing as more folks will see it that way π
July 5, 2022 at 1:30 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52624
AndrewKeymaster
AndrewKeymasterHave you tried barring from 3rd string down (omit 4th)? That’s my go-to trick for simplifying barre chords.
AndrewKeymasterYes! the most recent “creative” challenge we did was September of ’20. Folks got to submit original songs and we had some great entries π
July 4, 2022 at 12:18 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52616
AndrewKeymaster@laurakarr12 – Beautifully played! Happy 4th!!
@poopsies – Excellent performance! Check out this lesson for help with singing while playing π
@clempek – Well done and I dig the rhythm changes you threw in for bars 9 and 10 πJuly 3, 2022 at 6:59 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52614July 3, 2022 at 1:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2022 Member Challenge: WIN Electric Ukulele! #52609 -
AuthorPosts