Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    @varajas – Excellent performance!


    @gmflin8
    – Very cool to watch your practice transform into the final version. I thought you did a great job! The one area I would work on is keeping it steady, timing wise. Try practicing with me in the tab player while tapping your foot and/or counting rhythms out loud.


    @brettboy
    – Bravo! Brilliant take! The only suggestion I have is to practice the first two licks of theme 2 with me in the tab player. That will help you tighten the timing/phrasing of them. Overall, it was awesome and I loved watching it! And my ego loved the shout out in the video LOL πŸ˜‚


    @debb1985
    – The biggest change is in your feel. You play with so much more emotion in each note. Truly incredible to watch both back to back. Keep up the great work, Debb and have a great vacay!


    @zongozongo
    – Excellent performance!


    @shmu88
    – Another awesome performance, Sam! Question: Have you tried playing it on a larger uke? I feel like this song is easier to play on a tenor since there’s so much chord work. I know you’ve got a cut away, curious if you agree.


    @mark1256
    – Here’s my feedback for you πŸ™‚


    @karenj
    – Great performance and such a beautiful backdrop! Playing looks and sounds great, my only suggestion is to keep working on the timing.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @biancak – Beautifully played πŸ™‚


    @leslieb
    – Well done, Leslie! I have one tip to make your transitions more efficient. When you switch chords, for example going to F in bar 4, I noticed that your index finger goes down first then your middle finger. Try to place both down at the same time. Same thing goes for the G chord transition in bar 2, although you can make that one easier by omitting string 1 since that note is not needed (in other words, fret a G5: 023X).


    @jedart
    – Great singing and playing, Jed! This is a tough song to play with so many barre chords, the swung feel, and the fingerpicked sections. I thought you did excellent in all these areas! I would mainly focus your practicing on the transitions that you hesitated on. Loop these sections w/out the vocal then add it in.

    Last thing I want to mention, see if you can get the chromatic walk-up intro to have more of a triplet rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that rhythm.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gi_gi_ – I gave her your email πŸ™‚


    @artcrocker
    – That’s a beautiful looking and sounding uke! I dig the changes you added to your performance. Only thing I’d say is to try to keep it locked into tempo more.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gstriph – I love how you took it up higher on the neck, sounds awesome! But, double check the chord work for the 2nd half (starting on bar 9) as I’m not hearing the correct harmony. Alternatively, you can sub that section out for our arrangement (bars 9-16). Which would be a nice contrast to your higher voiced 8 bars since ours takes it back down to the beginning of the neck πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gi_gi_ – Wow! I loved everything about your performance! Just sent it to Ashley to watch. I’m sure she’ll love it too πŸ™‚


    @pysanky
    – Wow! You and Gi Gi are on fire tonight! Excellent performance! So much fun to watch!

    in reply to: Hello from Dubai πŸ‡¦πŸ‡ͺ #52844
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Happy to have you on-board Madell! I look forward to watching more crazy performances from you πŸ˜‰

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @dinhlien – Beautifully played πŸ™‚


    @fmattheus
    – Thank you for the kind words! I really appreciate it πŸ™‚

    Great playing and I dig the rhythm strums in-between. Only thing I’d say is don’t forget to change to A7 in bar 10. Keep up the great work!


    @katazumiri
    – Bravo! Great job on timing and feel. I’d say start boosting tempo. Try 60% or 65%. I think you can make a big jump like that right away.


    @lisadmh
    – My favorite performance from you to date! Great feel/pace throughout and coupled with the outdoor setting made the performance so enjoyable to listen to. Keep up the great work, Lisa!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @lhamilton – Well done, Linda! I agree with Gi Gi, love the whistling πŸ™‚

    Uke playing was great too! There’s a few times where it sounds like you are loosing the swing feel and playing more straight. Just something to keep in mind as you continue practicing.

    You did amazing with all the barre chords. It’s a tough one to play. But sometimes, some aren’t ringing 100% clear. Your form looks great, so I’d say it comes down to pushing hard enough with the index finger. And boy, does this one takes a toll on our poor index finger lol.

    Last thing I want to mention, see if you can get the chromatic walk-up intro to have more of a triplet rhythm. Check out this lesson for help with that rhythm.


    @jebergeron
    – Great performance and the strum technique sounds great too πŸ™‚

    in reply to: SoundSlice help #52807
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi Tanner, what device and browser are you using? Also, can you try the tab player with a different device or browser? Please let me know if it works elsewhere.

    P.S. I made an overview on how to use it. It’s the second video on this page (jump 6 minutes into it).

    But, SS is constantly updating their player. You can check out this page to see all the latest features.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @suekulele, @annemarie, @lynnzo – Beautiful playing all-around πŸ™‚


    @tessiert
    – Great performance, Trace! And well done on getting that strum technique down. Have you seen this arpeggiated strum technique? AJ loves using it and it would be another nice one to add to your technique repertoire.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @rafaela – Bravo! Brilliant performance πŸ™‚

    And TY so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it!

    in reply to: Chunking #52784
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Have you seen our lessons on this technique? We’ve got a few covering it including two from me: watch this one first, then this one.

    And two from Matt. One here and he covered the fundamentals again in this lesson from our new strumming course.

    Jump into those lessons and if you’re still having trouble, please post a video here. I’d be happy to watch it to offer further help πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ukukelley1 – Lovely playing, Sheryl. And wow! I have an ocarina and you play it so much better than me, lol. Love that instrument, it sounds so cool! How long have you been playing?


    @malku2603
    – The “flick” strum is sounding great! Big improvement! Keep up the excellent work, Akansha πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @potato_lady – Yes, everyone who performs the entire piece gets an entry πŸ™‚

    There are free metronome apps for your phone and websites that have free, interactive metronomes. Even google has a free metronome if you search ‘metronome’. I’d recommend to use one that plays a different chime for beat 1. Helps you to know where you’re at.


    @deadbuggy
    – Glad to hear, Sara. I appreciate you participating in so many challenges! I always look forward to watching your performances πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @deadbuggy – BIG improvement in timing on the backing rhythm under solo! Well done πŸ‘

    I’d focus your practice on getting those bluesy licks in-time. Play along with me in the tab player. That’ll be the best way to get tighter on those licks.

    Rest was great! Theme 1 was excellent, as was your tone πŸ™‚


    @capicdacrate
    – Great playing overall! I’m hearing a couple hesitations in the timing, such as holding beat 1 too long before connecting to 2 & in bars 2 and 6. Same thing with bars 9-12, you’re holding the half notes for longer durations. Try playing along with a metronome. That’ll help tighten timing in these sections.


    @misterbones
    – Excellent performance! Great timing & feel throughout!

    @potato_lady – Great performance and I dig the freestyle outro πŸ™‚

    Timing was pretty solid overall and your understanding of rhythms is great, especially with the tricky syncopated hits on the &s. I do think you can get it a little bit tighter though. So I’d say, keep practicing with a metronome or with me in the tab player. Either option works.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,186 through 1,200 (of 4,195 total)