Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Home Page Forums Monthly Member Challenges Participate in the November 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 179 total)
  • Author
    dianna
    Participant

I think I fixed it now

leb397
    Participant

So impressed with entries and the stories behind Zelda. I wasn’t that familiar and did a bit of research. Music is so amazing.

@andrew
    thank you for positive comments!

looking forward to some holiday music. Hopefully the two resent lessons are included. Try to get a jump on December 😉

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

Never played one second of a Zelda game in my life (other than Super Smash Bros and Mario Kart–both of which I’m terrible at), but I agree with @leb397 that all these stories of nostalgia are so sweet and fun to read!

In my youf, I played PC games and DOS games, if anyone knows what that is. And Sega Genesis Disney games–The Lion King, Aladdin, and one with Mickey Mouse. And Jump! music games for piano. Good times.

Anyway, I pretty much learned this because it was stuck in my head anyway lol. Lovely chunes and lovely work by everyone! 🙂

@Andrew
    , please omit my name from the prize drawing again, thank ye!

laurajax
    Participant

Song of Storms.
    I am a premium member.

ukandrea
    Participant

I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Here is my “Song of Storms” ukulele & piano duet:

Best,
    Andrea

joe150
    Participant

I am a Premium member THis November challenge

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by joe150. Reason: wrong month
    marlongas
    Participant

I have this tune in my mind from a few years ago!! I have some problems with the tempo just before the “riffs” and sometimes when I released the finger,the string ( wich should be muted)sounds very loud. I don’t know how to avoid this and it happens to me in every song. Thank you!!

marlongas
    Participant

I don’t know if this is the best place to put it.But since we are talking about video games, here is my cover of the soundtrack of, in my opinion, the best video game of the history;The last of us. The arrangement is not mine, it belongs to a YouTube user whose name I don’t remember. but apart from the fact that he plays it better than me, his is the merit. I have only tried to copy it in the best way. I leave it here

lhamilton
    Participant

Lovely, @marlongas! It was a wonderful game!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 5 months ago by lhamilton.
    leb397
    Participant

That was so pretty @marlongas. Your picking rhythm sounds perfect.
    🙂

marlongas
    Participant

Sorry,I couldn’t edit the post but I AM A PREMIUM MEMBER

Thank you so much @lhamilton and @leb397 !!

brettboy
    Participant

Hi Uke Friends! I LOVE the Zelda games. Playing the original NES game with my dad back in the 80’s is one one my happy memories. Now playing them again and the new ones with my kids brings me a ton of Joy!

I couldn’t choose between Lullaby and Great Fairy (I love Storms too but decided I didn’t have time this month) so I did them both. And as a bonus I stitched on a Gerudo Valley Noodle that I’d been messing around with.

Andrew and Steven, Thanks for the great arrangements!

@mkstewart67
    and @lyndallk Thank you both for the kind words! I love your videos too 🙂

P.S. (Andrew if you ever crack the code on a good Uke arrangement of the Palace Theme from Adventure of Link I would be over the moon 🙂

leb397
    Participant

@brettboy really enjoy all your performances. Your IG page is great too. You make playing look effortless. :). Louisa

brettboy
    Participant

Thanks @leb397

The_Bumble_Bard
    Participant

@brettboy, that was so good! All the side bars of you “being Link” in your backyard–so beautiful. 😅 I hope your neighbors saw that. 😅😂😅

Also I tried to copy the slides you added to Zelda’s Lullaby. Thank yoooou!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 179 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.