Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
November 10, 2020 at 10:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41853
AndrewKeymasterkrolik – Here’s my feedback for you and the live lesson that I referenced.
shmu88 – Fantastic playing! Watch the timing when you transition to the chorus. I was tapping along and grooving to how steady your rhythmic feel was, but then you jumped quite a bit in that section. Instead, try to gradually speed up. It’ll feel more natural that way.
qiuyan – Lovely playing and great job with the right hand work! Those up-strums really at a nice timbre 🙂
rebeca – Well done, that was a great performance!
simonalexander – Performance was great, but I’d recommend reviewing this lesson and this one for tips on how to properly hold the ukulele. The way that you’re holding it now makes you reliant on the use of a strap.
nthibode – Bravo! Well played and I loved that you sang the last half 🙂
cauer2 – I like it on low G! One change, at 53 seconds, do the G note on E string instead of open 4. That’s the only one that sounded off to me.
As for the performance, I think you knocked it outta the park! The hard thing w/ this 1 is the rhythm. And you aced it. Well done!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome back! 🙂
AndrewKeymasterWe included this video in our Beginner’s Course. It’s the best one I’ve seen to date.
As far as your uke, is it a baritone ukulele or tenor? I’m assuming it’s the latter as baritone uses a different tuning. In that case, you’d want to pick up a pack of low G strings. I use Aquila’s. They don’t sell them by “gauge” like guitar strings do, but by scale length (soprano/concert/tenor).
AndrewKeymasterSounds great and great job on the technique! 🙂
November 7, 2020 at 6:41 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41807
AndrewKeymaster@johanna2509 – Beautifully played, Johanna! I’ll send this to Stephen, he’ll love it 🙂
November 5, 2020 at 8:09 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41789
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – Great job, Sara! Here are my tips for you. Now I think you’ve got the first rhythmic tip down after listening a 2nd time through. But it’s a good tip for others who are watching the feedback 🙂
November 4, 2020 at 7:30 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41784
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Marlie! I’m excited to be a part of your ukulele journey! And I do hope you join us in the monthly challenges 🙂
AndrewKeymasterThat was fantastic! Well done 🙂 I hope you submit another version playing to the piano backing track for our November Challenge.
November 2, 2020 at 7:13 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41708
AndrewKeymasterMy pleasure! Everything sounded great on this one, incl. sustain 🙂
AndrewKeymasterYes, that would be possible. I’ll keep this in mind for the future 🙂
November 2, 2020 at 12:24 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41703November 2, 2020 at 11:07 am in reply to: Participate in the October 2020 Member Challenge – WIN the Islands Kanile’a #41698
AndrewKeymaster@rucha11 – Scroll down to: Giveaway Rules in the first post. That question is answered their 🙂
AndrewKeymasterI just double checked the forum settings, Andy. How it’s currently set up is the only option available. The forum is designed and maintained by the folks who make WordPress. From what I know, it’s a very “low priority” item for them. I would guess that building in that feature isn’t on their agenda.
November 1, 2020 at 9:06 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2020 Member Challenge – WIN $1,800 Kanile’a #41694
AndrewKeymaster@bdenham14 – I think this sums it up nicely:

What a fantastic start for the Nov Challenge. Well done, Brandon!
-
AuthorPosts