Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterHi Anne, reach out to him via his facebook page π
April 8, 2020 at 8:04 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge β WIN Kanileβa Tenor Ukulele! #36745
AndrewKeymasternoonka – WOW, bravo! I don’t know what to say, that performance left me speechless. Amazing playing π
morrieuke1 – Bravo, Michael! Your playing is getting better and better every time I listen! Love the laid-back feel. Excellent job on sustain and just the overall vibe. You aced this piece. Keep up the great work and thx for the kind words!
raffybaking – Hi Raffy, this feedback is for Loke Lani. The ending (fingerpicked) part is perfect, good job there! But for the triplet strum, your execution of the right hand technique is more in-line with rasgueado rather than the triplet strum. Check out the lesson that Matt taught to learn a few ways to perform the right hand technique. After you work on it, post another video and we’ll make sure you’ve got it down π
robinboyd – Wonderfully done, Robin! I’d give you the same feedback I left for Michael. Both of you nailed the big takeaways of this song. Keep up the great work!
voyager – Well done! Here is my feedback for you π
AndrewKeymasterCorrect
AndrewKeymaster
AndrewKeymasterI’d recommend going through the entire Fingerpicking Course. It was written to not only help you get acquainted with 3 ways of fingerpicking, but also to help you recognize when to use which approach depending on the context of the music.
Judging by quick glance, the music you posted looks like either a 4 finger approach or hybrid of 3/4 finger approach would work well for it.
AndrewKeymasterHi Greg, try form 2 out. If you’re still having issues, please post a video playing so I can take a look. I’ll be better able to help if I can see/hear what you are doing.
April 6, 2020 at 11:51 am in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge β WIN Kanileβa Tenor Ukulele! #36684
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – Bravo! Well played and great feel, Sara π
@lisamcc – Your triplet strum sounds awesome, Lisa! You and Matt make me want to practice more! The only suggestion I can offer you is to clean up the finger-picking part a little bit. Keep up the excellent work π
@ukelars – Hi Lars! Both tunes sound awesome, but this challenge is open to only Rock Class 101 arrangements. Hope you get a chance to learn our takes on these songs.
@cncamacho – well done! The big thing with this song is the syncopation, that’s what makes it at toughie! And I thought you did excellent with the rhythm, timing, and note clarity. Keep up the great work!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @artcrocker! It’s always great to learn from as many folks as possible. Everyone you named is a great musician π
I look forward to watching your performance in this month’s challenge. If you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to email me or post on our forums.
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Ben! I think Lisa’s suggestion is spot on. Check out this video to learn how to favorite (a.k.a. bookmark) lessons.
AndrewKeymasterWell done! Looks like an awesome place too!
AndrewKeymasterBeautiful, Brian! The voicings sound very nice!
April 2, 2020 at 12:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #36595
AndrewKeymasterWOW! We had 66 members participate this month! Classical challenges are always one of my favorites and I (and Stephen) thoroughly enjoyed watching everyone’s performances. Bravo to each of you who participated on a job well done!
This month’s prize is a beautiful Islander Spalted Maple Tenor Ukulele. So without further ado, the winner is:


Our April Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/april-2020-challenge. The theme is Hawaiian Music and it’s your first chance to WIN a $1,370 Pineapple Kanile’a Ukulele! Hope to see everyone in the challenge! π
April 2, 2020 at 12:29 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #36592
AndrewKeymasterHere’s everyone on page 10.
—-
ukukelley1 – Beautifully played, Sheryl! Love the relaxed feel π
uku_on – Much smoother and sustain-ier (is this a word LOL), Caleb! Excellent progress π
the_moon – Well done! Here’s my tip for you:
robinboyd – Here’s my feedback for you and Sara:
kirpuff – Watch the video above. It’s for Robin and you π
macdog – Great job! Here’s one tip:
April 2, 2020 at 11:32 am in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #36591
AndrewKeymaster@willymac – you can def do that and it’s actually meant to be played that way. I mentioned that in the lesson video. I’ll let Stephen know π
April 1, 2020 at 11:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2020 Member Challenge β WIN Kanileβa Tenor Ukulele! #36581
AndrewKeymasterAwesome, Laura! π
-
AuthorPosts