Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,641 through 2,655 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    Ohh and you have to love it. Both Uke AND Music. Because if you do, you’ve got passion, and that is what will drive you to continually work to get better.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @holly1 – I’d give you an A for that performance! Timing, technique, and your tone of the piece is consistent and very pretty overall. From what you wrote, it sounds like it may feel a lil’ awk to play. And maybe that’s just do to it being a somewhat “out there” playing approach. If so, I’d say keep doing it till it feels second nature. Which doesn’t sound/look like it’s that far away for you.

    in reply to: Hello from Zurich #30271
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I’d say years is a realistic response. Because it’s not only about being able to play the harder songs (technique, understanding rhythm/timing, etc), but also how you play them. I.E., feeling, dynamics, timbre… Which is what we talked about in this lesson and this one.

    To get there, it’s a mix of 2 factors (and this is IMO). Talent and commitment. I taught 1 on 1 and group lessons for 11 years, teaching hundreds of people, ages 5-75+. Talent means someone is naturally gifted. Things come easier to those people, but if they don’t have commitment (dedication to practice), then I’ve seen folks that music didn’t come naturally to surpass the talented ones that didn’t practice.

    It also comes down to how and what you are practicing. That’s why I wrote Learning Paths. It teaches you how to create a structured and efficient practice schedule.

    in reply to: Hello from Zurich #30262
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, @nerdjenni! That’s awesome that you fell in love with it! And super happy you found us πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ripley – Bravo! You’ve got it down, well done! πŸ™‚


    @johanna2509
    – That’s so cool that you applied it to another song. It sounds great and works super well!

    For the version we did, 2 minor tips. Don’t forget to tune up before recording and watch the tempo going into applying the technique. In the cover tune, you kept it steady. So just wanna do the same for this one.

    in reply to: Hello from Spain #30250
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Aritz! Glad to have you onboard πŸ™‚

    in reply to: I meet Stephen and Andrew #30241
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It was awesome to meet you, Joe! πŸ™‚

    null

    in reply to: My first original song #30231
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Very pretty! Keep writing πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from Italy! #30230
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, David! You can def find all that here πŸ™‚ Glad to have you on-board!

    If you ever need help with the lessons, please don’t hesitate to post ?’s on the forum.

    in reply to: What am I doing????? #30203
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @miztaken – I wrapped up filming the lessons for Bohemian Rhapsody the other week. Gosh, I can’t tell you how many hours that one took, but yes one more ultimate piece is coming up LOL!


    @robinboyd
    – Keep working on it, there’s a good chance you’ll see it in October’s challenge. And if things work out as I hope, this will be a challenge you won’t want to miss πŸ˜‰

    in reply to: hello from Michigan #30191
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Jonathan! Awesome to hear the course is helping you πŸ™‚ I’m always around if you have ?’s on the lessons. Feel free to post on the forum!

    in reply to: What does this mean #30146
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It’s a 16th note series that hammers-on to the 4th fret and pulls-off twice (to the 3rd fret then 1st). Check out this lesson if you need a recap on this technique.

    in reply to: difficulty level and frustration #30116
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thanks for the suggestions! At some point, I’d like to do a site refresh and will keep this in mind.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    My pleasure!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    apblondie – Ashlee, that was so awesome! So around 55 seconds till the end, that’s when you locked into the groove. And it sounds so good! You’ve definitely got the technique down! The only thing I can suggest is to practice the transition from basic strumming into the technique. Keep up the great work πŸ™‚

    deadbuggy – Great job, Sara! As always, I really dig the changes you through in. The one thing that I would work on though, is to try to bring the melody note out more. Most of the time this falls on the A string, so see if you can make it pop a little bit more. Other than that, right hand technique was awesome! Really fun to watch πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 2,641 through 2,655 (of 4,195 total)