Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,656 through 2,670 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    Overall we had 32 members participate in this month’s challenge! And guys, I know I sound like a broken record, but it’s so cool to see everyone come together and support each other as a community and to challenge ourselves to get better! Bravo to everyone who participated πŸ™‚

    Our September challenge is LIVE and the theme is: NEXT LEVEL STRUMMING! There’s also a really cute prize for September! You can check out the new challenge here: https://rockclass101.com/september-2019-challenge

    So without further ado, the winner of this month’s challenge is **drum-roll**

    null

    —-

    Here are the last two folks on page 7. Stephen will post feedback for everyone on page 8 later today πŸ™‚

    ripley – Great job! Here is my feedback for you πŸ™‚

    gstriph – Left feedback for you in the video above, starting at 3:26.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @lisamcc – I’d recommend doing the pattern as Christopher recommends in the course.

    If you are just doing the triplet strum alone, then there are many ways to do this technique πŸ™‚

    in reply to: difficulty level and frustration #30060
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    My pleasure! And thx for the kind words πŸ™‚

    in reply to: difficulty level and frustration #30047
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    That’s a great suggestion! To be honest, some of the older songs (like Brown Eyed Girl) where ranked before I had a solid idea of what defined level 1, 2, etc. Older songs were also ranked before I introduced the “Beginner Series” level. So as you notice, some tunes probably should be placed at a higher level.

    I’d use the ranking as a suggestion, not as a set in stone guide. Some of the best advice I have heard is: If you think an arr. is beyond your current level, give it a shot! Even if you don’t learn the entire arr., you will get better in the process.

    Plus, I’m always happy to help on any lesson! Feel free to post ?’s on the forum if you need help.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    wongbrown – Great job! Here is a video tip on the strumming technique πŸ™‚

    jinajupiter – I love the changes! Very creative and expressive! The only thing I can suggest is to watch the tempo, as some of the harder changes threw it off a bit. Overall very cool! I really like your version πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from Northern California #30024
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @weabee, glad you found us! Please do join a challenge πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    holly1 – Super impressive for how long you’ve been playing! I’d be proud of that performance πŸ™‚ Timing was excellent, as well as, note clarity.

    For dynamics, give this a shot: accent beat 2 and the e of 2. So 2nd and 3rd strum. Try to hit these harder than the others. That will create a nice contrast in your strumming. This is also what @nthibode did.

    One tip for fingerpicking the outro, try to keep a claw shape with the right hand, as shown in this guide. This is a more efficient way to pick.

    willymac – Excellent roll in your attack, Wilfred! Wonderful performance, keep up the great work πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Going over old stuff #29994
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yikes! I’d play 6566.

    I once watched a video lesson from Joe Pass and he said he only plays chords that are easy to fret/transition too. Really interesting to hear that from him.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @lyndallk – that’s so cool!

    in reply to: Blackbird #29977
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Well done, Robin!

    in reply to: Five Foot Two, Eyes of Blue #29976
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Feel free to post a video and I’ll be happy to take a look to see if there’s any suggestion I can make to help with the stretches πŸ™‚

    in reply to: one year learning progress #29947
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Wow Hong, that was amazing! Congrats on how far you have come πŸ™‚ It’s an honor to be a part of your ukulele journey and I will def be sharing this video as it will be very inspiring for others who are just starting.

    in reply to: Thank you for the strumming course! #29938
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Aww, thanks Lisa! I’m glad you enjoy it πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gaberdude – Well done! I’m hearing that you are sustaining some phrases, but not every one. So that would be what I would work on, which is holding the double stops out for their entire duration so that they ring into each other. Everything else sounds great!


    @planetfink
    – Here’s my feedback for you πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Question re. Arranging a Song #29875
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    If it’s an iconic part of the song, I’d incorporate it into the arr. I haven’t heard that song in a while, so I can’t comment specifically on including it or not.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,656 through 2,670 (of 4,195 total)