Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymaster@lisadmh – Make sure all fingers are on fingertips so that you enough room to fit each finger in the fret(s).
August 18, 2019 at 1:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2019 Member Challenge β World Music Themed! #29852
AndrewKeymaster@lisadmh – Your progress the last 2 months has been phenomenal! Great timing, way more relaxed, and sustain throughout.That’s a solid mix of showing development in the fundamentals and subtleties. I’m proud of you!
The intro is the area that I’d work the most on. This is the one area where you are lacking sustain, b/c you lift up to grab the 2nd and 3rd notes, which breaks the sustain. Keep working on it, stretch chords are tough!
August 16, 2019 at 7:35 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2019 Member Challenge β World Music Themed! #29831
AndrewKeymaster@mypamela1 – La Gitanita is taught in its entirety for free and includes a free tab π The others require premium membership to access the full lessons and/or tabs.
AndrewKeymasterYou can do that if you like it and/or it fits your playing style better.
AndrewKeymasterHey Martin, it’s a hammer-on on the:
&a of 2 (0 to 3 on string 1)
Hold (tie) the last note (C – 3rd fret of string 1) into beat 3.
Also on beat 3, you tap the percussive hit.
Then pull-off to the first fret on the e of beat 4.
—-
Pull-offs do not have to be picked, followed by an immediate pull-off. They can be executed just by the left hand itself, as this example does.
Does that make sense?
AndrewKeymasterTimbre. I really like the punchy sound of picado, followed by the smooth, legato pull-off.
You could change it up however you like. There is no right or wrong π
AndrewKeymaster@lisadmh – lisa’s right, I wouldn’t do this technique if you intend to come up with a strum.
That technique is meant to pluck immediately following the chuck. Keep the claw shape intact and come down so that these fingers align to the following strings:
1 ring
2 middle
3 index
4 ThumbHere’s a short video I shot comparing the above to the way I do chucking with the intention of strumming up after the chuck.
August 13, 2019 at 3:15 pm in reply to: August 12th, 2019 β Live Lesson Topic: Understanding & Using Dynamics #29768
AndrewKeymasterNo worries guys! I just published the lesson, you can check it out here π
I got a chance to tune in last night. Matt taught a great lesson on dynamics!
AndrewKeymaster@rickeymike – Yep!
AndrewKeymasterWow, ME! Thank you so much for your kind words. We had a lot of fun on this one and I will send your message to Evan π
AndrewKeymasterMy pleasure! Keep up the great work π
AndrewKeymasterWell done!
August 4, 2019 at 12:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2019 Member Challenge β World Music Themed! #29456
AndrewKeymaster@tastyshrimp – I should also add, sometimes you pluck strings 2 & 3 and for this I use middle and ring. But you could use index and middle. I think those finger work better than using the thumb + another finger.
I didn’t grasp your full ? until now. Picado is only for single note bursts.
August 4, 2019 at 12:45 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2019 Member Challenge β World Music Themed! #29455
AndrewKeymaster@gaberdude – modes in a nutshell simply means starting on a different note of the scale and establishing that note as “home”, which is what I think you mean when you say A feels “restful”.
As far as G, that’s in D minor (scale) and the chord progression is diatonic to the key. Some chords will contain that note, like bar 3 has A minor as the second chord. The G would make it: A minor 7.
@tastyshrimp – I like to use picado for strings 1 and 2 and Thumb for 3 and 4. But you can alter or mix this if you like.
AndrewKeymasterThat was really cool!
-
AuthorPosts