Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,716 through 2,730 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thx guys! Glad it was helpful πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hi from the UK! #28974
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Ripley! Very cool to see you stared with Berny, she rocks πŸ™‚

    I hope you 2 join us for this month’s challenge as JP is one of the choices.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    bzediver – Great job! Here are my thoughts πŸ™‚

    surfnrz – WOW, Ray! That was awesome! I can tell you put a lot of work into this, and it shows πŸ™‚

    So yes, I’d agree with cleaning up some of your playing. Target the areas where the chords buzzed – in your case, I think when this happens, it’s because not enough pressure is being applied when fretting, resulting in some notes buzzing. Keep that in mind as you continue working on it.

    The other suggestion I have is to try a lighter strum during “The Imperial March” and especially in “May the Force Be With You”. Matt talked a lot about this, specifically with the thumb approach, in a recent live lesson.

    in reply to: Converting Staff notes to Ukulele #28961
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yes, for uke music.

    You would play those notes on uke. So bar 1, the D would be 2nd fret, string 3. For bar 2, those notes fall on strings 1 and 2.

    Unfortunately , this is as far as I can take you, as this falls outside of our support. But this is something Stephen could help you with in a Skype lesson.

    in reply to: Converting Staff notes to Ukulele #28957
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    If the A note is intended to be played an octave up (12th fret), you’ll see 8va notated above the staff. Definition: This indication is most often found above specific notes on a staff and indicates that those notes should be performed one octave higher than written.

    To indicate to perform the same note on the 5th fret, string 2, a roman numeral (in this case V) would be written above the staff and a line can be extended from that to indicate to continue to play out of that position if needed.

    This extension line is also used for 8va. (Sub 8va with V for example 2)

    null

    in reply to: Hello from California 3 #28924
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Glad to have you on-board, Zoey! I’m always around if you have ?’s or need help on the lessons πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from California too! #28923
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Stacey! I look forward to hearing your performance πŸ™‚

    in reply to: How I practice RockClass101 lessons #28891
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    That’s awesome, Donovan. Keep up the great work and look forward to hearing your take on the Stranger Things theme πŸ™‚

    in reply to: James Bond playalong problem #28890
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    NM – looks like they do cover basics.

    in reply to: James Bond playalong problem #28889
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @jinajupiter – I wouldn’t use a pick. Only for the riff, if you want. Picks feel awkward with uke. I think b/c the instrument is so small. Pick with guitar feels natural.

    I’d pick up for upbeats and down for down beats. For further study with picking technique: I’ve never seen anyone teach it and analyze it like these guys. Troy is incredible. But, not sure if they focus on beginner material.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @beebee – Donovan’s awesome! I can’t wait to hear his rendition of ST πŸ™‚

    You played so well! Timing was excellent. Don’t worry about speed, keep doing what you are doing and it will come. P.S. love the shirt!

    in reply to: I’m Yours Clarification #28864
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    (Yeah β€” I know RC101 is more of a chord melody site… πŸ˜‰ )

    That’s gonna change. Our new course we are working on is rooted in strumming and will incorporate fingerpicking elements. But I’ve also got plans to produce intermediate/advanced strumming lessons that go beyond basic chords and island strum or chucking.

    Are there any muted strumming lessons on RC101?

    That’s a great lesson idea! Lemme think on it.

    in reply to: I’m Yours Clarification #28862
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s a slower breakdown.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @lisadmh – I can’t think of a way to make it easier than cut the chord and just play the melody on string 1.

    in reply to: James Bond playalong problem #28842
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    There shouldn’t be any issues. If they continue, we’ll have to reach out to SS support for help.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,716 through 2,730 (of 4,195 total)