Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterHi guys, we released the lesson today! π All of the songs Anne suggested where awesome, but in the end we chose, “When I’m Sixty Four” by The Beatles because it has such a fun, playful melody!
Hope you enjoy it, Anne!
March 20, 2019 at 5:24 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2019 Member Challenge β Irish Songs! #25868
AndrewKeymastererino7 – Courtney, that was amazing! It was an honor sharing that in our email and social last week π I also sent it to Katie, she loved it!
So there’s only one thing that kind of stuck out a little bit to me, in terms of me offering feedback. So you used a 3 finger approach for fingerpicking, which is totally cool, but if you watch the video, notice how your ring finger sticks straight out. Try to keep it curved in (like your other fingers; and as you can see in the photo). This way it’s always in position to be engaged, which will be ideal for when you tackle a 4 finger pieces.

deadbuggy – That was awesome, Sara! You aced the first melody, clean playing and a great feel/timing. So I’d turn your focus towards the second melody. Take it a little bit slower and work it up to speed. But overall, awesome job and the tone of your uke is beautiful!
becky7777 – Beautiful playing! I think your focus should be on transitions. So when I listen back, I hear quite a few pauses between phrases. Target these areas and practice transitioning from one phrase to the next. But bravo on this, keep up the great work!
gstriph – Here is a video with a couple tips on timing for you π
stianukulele – Wow! That was beautiful and I love the bass! Very well done π
stinyuke – Bravo to you and Robin! Absolutely gorgeous rendition. I will definitely be sharing this in our email on Friday π
casadot349 – Bravo! Here are 2 lessons I want you to check out. And I made a short video for you too π
1) Proper Left Hand Form
2) Proper Right Hand Formcncamacho – Well done! So for the Chord Melody intro, I’d focus on getting the transitions from one phrase to the next, as well as the timing, a little smoother. So what you want to do is just slow it down and play along with either the metronome or the tab player. Work on one or two bars at a time.
And I know you know exactly how to practice because the finger-picked vocal part was excellent. Great timing in that section! So a little bit more work for the first part and you’ll be rocking it!
hotmilktea – Very impressive! Playing wise, that rocked! I don’t have any suggestions for improvement there. Vocal wise, it was a bit pitchy on those high notes. I don’t sing, so I’m not really sure what you should be working on other than suggesting ear training. But I’ll send this to Katie and I’m sure she can provide something more constructive for you.
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, bohous!
AndrewKeymasterWow! So beautiful π
AndrewKeymasterSo the harmony is only meant for accompaniment and is not taught in the course. The course only covers the melody.
The melody note on beat 1 in bar 2 is a G note, played at the 3rd fret. The harmony chord (G7) also contains the note G, but one octave lower, which you will learn later in the course in: Notes on the G String.
The notes are as follows:
5 (D – 1)
7 (B – 2)
5 (F – 3)
0 (G – 4)Which make up a G7 chord:
G (1) B (3) D (5) F (b7)
AndrewKeymasterAhh, yes you are reading it backwards.
0575 – string 4 to 1. π
As you fret chords, work your way from 4 to 1.
AndrewKeymasterHmm, I’m not sure I’m following. Every note for that melody is played in position one, never moving beyond fret 3. So each finger has its own assigned fret.
0 = open
1 = index
2 = middle
3 = ringAm I misunderstanding your ?
AndrewKeymasterHi Alousia, those were made using the old version of Guitar Pro. Formating of tabs were slightly different using the old version, which may explain the difference you’ve noticed. Unfortunately, I can not find a feature to edit the number of lines per page, only bars per line.
An idea would be to print the tabs on a sheet larger than 8×11 (I believe that’s the standard size). You can set a printer’s setting to fill the page, which would expand the size of the bars. Perhaps a specialty print shop has such a printer.
AndrewKeymasterThx for the suggestions! So for number one, that is already built in, you can find the search bar on the forum homepage, above “Introduce Yourself”.

2) I don’t believe this is possible. This forum is run using bbpress, which unfortunately, is pretty bare bones. Other forums you may have used have some really cool features that I hope they integrate in the future. But, I can double check.
AndrewKeymasterPlease post a harp/uke duet, that would be SO COOL! And welcome, glad to have one of stinyuke’s friends join us π
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Sara! Glad you are enjoying the site π
AndrewKeymasterFixed π Thx again!
AndrewKeymasterYes, but there should be an F over sunshine (same line). I’ll ask Katie to double check π Thx for pointing it out.
AndrewKeymasterBecky is correct. I’d double check the lesson to see what Katie mentioned for that chord. But, it’s really just stylistic. So up to you if you want to accent the strum, arp., pluck, etc.
AndrewKeymasterSorry! The upload feature is primarily for photos. You will have to self host them, or you can upload to a site like, https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/.
-
AuthorPosts