Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 23, 2024 at 11:34 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61699
AndrewKeymasterMay 23, 2024 at 2:46 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61687
AndrewKeymaster@hiouke – Excellent fingerpicking! The only suggestion I have, as you continue to practice, is to play along with a metronome to help keep the tempo steady throughout all the sections.
May 22, 2024 at 3:32 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61676
AndrewKeymaster@malku2603 – Sounds perfect! Keep up the great work Akansha π
AndrewKeymasterBravo Kathy! Well played π
May 21, 2024 at 12:09 am in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61671
AndrewKeymaster@annemarie – Beautiful playing, Anne! If I were you, I’d focus my practice on the D section. Other than that, you’re at the point where all you can do is nitpick the little things, lol. I hear a slight hesitation in one section of the intro, which I didn’t notice in the outro when it repeats. Nonetheless, it may be good practice to loop this section. The other slight hesitation was when you move higher up the neck at 48 seconds. Again, these are small things, but there’s not much to critique. It was very well played and with great feel! Well done!
@madhuri – That was awesome, Madhuri! Fantastic performance! The only suggestion I have, as you continue to practice, is to play along with a metronome to help keep the tempo steady throughout all the sections.
@ccwuke – Excellent take, Chris! Well done on the tempo, and that Enya has a sweet tone! I have only two suggestions. First, for the last chord in bar 13, I hear you hitting it on beat 1 of bar 14 instead of the & of 4 in bar 13. Try looping the bridge in the tab player using synthetic mode to practice that syncopated section.Second, for the final piano riff, one of the notes didn’t sound like it was coming through crystal clear. I think it’s the note on the G string. Your form looks good; just double-check the placement of your middle finger there so it’s not over the metal fret, which is usually the cause of the note not ringing out.
@suekulele – Beautifully played, Sue! The only measure I’d take a look at is bar 4. In Matt’s arrangement, that first chord is held as a quarter note. I’m hearing a bit of a different rhythm in your take. I’ve heard that bar played a number of ways in different arrangements, but I thought I’d mention it in case you are aiming to go 100% off his version.
@mkstewart67 – That was amazing, Melissa! I have no critiques, only a suggestion. I would slow the tempo down for your performance. I think this song really shines and has a haunting feel when performed Adagio.
@clempek – That was awesome Clem! I continue to be impressed with your performances each month! The only suggestion I have is to look into the rhythm of bar 13. It sounds like you are cutting the first chord hit short. Try playing along in the tab player in synthetic mode to practice that section.
@misterbones – Incredible progress for one weekend, Michael! I can hear you’ve got all the parts learned, but I noticed you’re off-sync in a few sections. I think this could be easily resolved by playing along with the track, with both ukulele parts present, and working it up to speed. Record yourself occasionally to review and ensure that you are locked in throughout.May 17, 2024 at 3:18 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61652
AndrewKeymaster@joe150 – Beautifully played, Joe! From here, I’d suggest memorizing the piece and practicing 4 or 8 bar sections with a metronome. That’ll help you keep the timing/tempo steady throughout π
May 15, 2024 at 3:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61638
AndrewKeymaster@johanna2509 – That was amazing, Johanna! So well played, bravo π
May 13, 2024 at 4:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61628
AndrewKeymaster@willw18 – Great job, Will! I do have a couple of suggestions for you. The first one is about the dynamics. For this song, I’d recommend trying to maintain a more consistent feel between the different parts. For example, the intro is fingerpicked at a softer dynamic, then for the verse, you switch to a strong attack and accented hits. In my opinion, it felt a bit of an abrupt change.
Secondly, try to work on keeping the timing/tempo a little steadier throughout.
@dianna – Fingerpicking sounds great, Dianna! I do have one suggestion, focusing on maintaining a steady tempo could enhance the musicality of your performance even further. Doing so would allow the piece to flow seamlessly and really bring out its emotive quality. So I’d recommend practicing to a click and when that becomes second nature, feel free to experiment with rubato.May 9, 2024 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61605
AndrewKeymaster@lyndallk – Bravo, Lyndall! Very beautifully played. The instrumental part (section D) opens up with some tricky runs! I would loop that section and practice it slower, working it up to speed.
May 8, 2024 at 8:21 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61599
AndrewKeymasterVery cool! It sounded great!
May 8, 2024 at 7:42 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61596
AndrewKeymaster@planetfink – Beautifully played, Kathy! I will def be sharing this in our newsletter this Friday π
AndrewKeymasterI dig it! TY for sharing π
May 7, 2024 at 12:04 am in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61555
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – Great playing Sara and it sounds and looks beautiful! π
AndrewKeymasterThat was awesome Rick! Way to go! π
May 1, 2024 at 11:09 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($4,500) #61495
AndrewKeymasterWow! 57 members joined us for this month’s challenge! Stephen and I were BLOWN AWAY by how amazing everyone did! Big round of applause to everyone who participated this month. π
Our May Challenge is LIVE and the theme is Classic Songs! I hope each of you join us again.
Below, I will post a list of members who participated in the April challenge for your first chance to win the Kanile’a Ukulele. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.
—-
willw18
willw18
planetfink
planetfink
deadbuggy
deadbuggy
lhamilton
lhamilton
leb397
leb397
anikali
anikali
clempek
clempek
ccwuke
ccwuke
anyon1
anyon1
grannieannie
grannieannie
marianne
marianne
suekulele
suekulele
shmu88
shmu88
rgillof
rgillof
dianna
dianna
misterbones
misterbones
musiclover
musiclover
kanique
kanique
The_Bumble_Bard
The_Bumble_Bard
gstriph
gstriph
johanna2509
johanna2509
ldarrow
ldarrow
abster
abster
karenj
karenj
joe150
joe150
gi_gi_
gi_gi_
1481632_m
jody_hendrickson
jody_hendrickson
robinboyd
robinboyd
amilylaw
amilylaw
hiouke
hiouke
coffeemug
coffeemug
brettboy
brettboy
riley_ukulele
riley_ukulele
maryjanew
maryjanew
sarahd
sarahd
lyndallk
lyndallk
Nico_uke
Nico_uke
akukes73
akukes73
cimarronsailor
cimarronsailor
mkstewart67
mkstewart67
janaq1
janaq1
bibilele
bibilele
jebergeron
jebergeron
ruthie-roo
ruthie-roo
mmoynihan
mmoynihan
jgillard
jgillard
richard_siegert
richard_siegert
otzepeng
otzepeng
ksapp92
ksapp92
mysticrick
mysticrick
frederic
frederic
morrieuke1
morrieuke1
terryfallon3
terryfallon3
emiliano
emiliano
marthad
marthad -
AuthorPosts