Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,381 through 1,395 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Let’s talk about β€œAction” #50432
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Action @ the 12 on my concerts are 2.5mm. I don’t remember what the standard height is out of the factory, but when I bought my first one from The Ukulele Site this is what they set it up at. When I had my custom uke built, I requested the same height.

    in reply to: Stumbling block. #50417
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi Charles, unfortunately this falls outside of our support scope as I can only offer help on arrangements/lessons from Rock Class 101. But it is something that Stephen could help you with in a Skype lesson.

    in reply to: Hello From Wisconsin #50345
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, @jeg143! Happy to have you on-board and I look forward to watching your performance of SJI πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Dream a little Dream of me first try #50335
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Excellent progress, Charles! Don’t forget those 4 pick up notes that start off bar 9 (ending 2). Also, that B melody needs to repeat twice. So:

    11-14
    then
    11,12,15,16

    Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Body Surfing Progress #50334
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I didn’t want it to stop! Can’t wait to hear the whole song πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @seoulkim – Bravo! Excellent job on the rhythm playing and right hand technique. Keep up the great work!


    @melanieh
    – I loved it! Very creative runs and rhythmic changes. It’s so awesome to watch you guys take it and make it your own πŸ™‚


    @clempek
    – I’d offer the same advice I gave Joe, which was to jump into our reading course. It’s the best way to learn rhythm πŸ™‚

    You can also take easier songs, like this one and count the rhythms out-loud while tapping your foot along to a metronome. That’s a great way to practice too.

    in reply to: In the Air tonight #50315
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Dude! That was amazing bravo! πŸ‘

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @joe150 – We’d recommend working on rhythm. Jump into the reading course. It’s the best way to learn rhythm πŸ™‚


    @clempek
    – Great job! For the main melody, try memorizing it. Then sing the words along as you play. That’ll help you get the rhythm/timing down. Excellent job on the bridge! But don’t forget the extra bar of F (bar 25) after the last repeat πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @baggyuke7 – If you see your video in your post then you did everything perfectly πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Our NEW Strumming Course is Out! #50248
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Glad you are enjoying the course, Gi Gi and thank you for the kind words! I will pass them along to Matt πŸ™‚

    So that chord progression relies on the melody note of the E string moving by half, whole, or step and a half while retaining the D (5th fret) on the A string. That’s what gives it a cool sound and why it sounds weird to you when you sub out the voicing of G7 for the standard one.

    So I’d suggest two options. Work through the exercises in this lesson. They’ll help increase the reach of your left hand pinky. But note, it will take time to increase. Usually about 3 months of everyday practice.

    Alternatively, a soprano size ukulele will decrease the fret size allowing stretch chords to be easier to fret.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @rebeca – What a fun take with a great feel. Well done! πŸ‘

    in reply to: Hello from Va Beach #50200
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Kenny! Glad you found us. Be sure to start here and if you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to post questions here or email me.

    in reply to: Hello from New England #50199
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Allen! I really enjoyed watching your take on “Blue Skies”. Look forward to hearing more πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @laurakarr12 – Sounds great! Your performance has a nice rubato feel, but I’d recommend playing along with a metronome and counting the rhythms before altering tempos. In other words, you want to make sure that the rhythmic values are defined even if rubato is applied.

    So for ex, in bar 2 you rush the half notes. That’s something you want to go back and change to better represent their value.

    in reply to: Sakura Sakura #50193
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yes! You can play any arrangement on soprano as long as it doesn’t go past the the 12th fret πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1,381 through 1,395 (of 4,195 total)