Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
November 30, 2019 at 12:18 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33984
AndrewKeymaster@barbecueblack – Your video is set to private. Can you make it public?
November 29, 2019 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33950
AndrewKeymastercyberloh – Very nice playing! As you continue to practice, I’d focus mostly on transitions. Listen back to your performance and notate where pauses occurred between chords/phrases. Besides slowing down and looping these sections, I’d also suggest practicing only the chord transitions; i.e. going from the 1st chord to the next. That will help you get more comfortable with the muscle memory required to change chords.
smudge – Beautiful! Excellent performance overall. The only thing that stood out to me was the rhythm in two sections:
1) Walk up in bar 6. A lot of folks had trouble with this part. Check out this video that I made for another member earlier this month. It explains what’s happening here.
2) In the first bar of the bridge, beat 2 is an 8th note triplet. To me, I’m hearing you play 16th notes, in other words, too fast. Check out this lesson for an explanation of this rhythm.
kirpuff – YES! Our second entry for Bohemian π BRAVO! Your playing is so clean, truly amazing!
I feel you on the 50 days comment. Here’s what I’d work on as you continue to practice. The biggest issue I’m hearing is in timing. Your performance has a very rubato feel to it, which means sections are played in their own tempo and/or it continually varies. But for this piece, I think being a little bit more consistent should be your goal.
So I would take one section at a time, put on a metronome or use the on-screen tab viewer, and work on keeping it steady. Start slow and work on four to eight bars at a time; build it as you go. But again, amazing job! That was super fun to watch!
November 29, 2019 at 11:33 am in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33946November 28, 2019 at 1:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33916
AndrewKeymasterHere are folks on page 12.

Bravo! This is a tune that is difficult to play in not only the physical requirements, but also, in getting the correct feel. The way you played the intro and verse with such laid-back beauty, to the way you built up into the full on explosion of the lighter (LOL) part, shows how in-tune you are with playing with feeling.
The only critique I can offer you is to work on the parts were the timing and/or phrasing became a bit loose. But overall, amazing job! I’m proud of you for tackling this and I will be sharing it in our email tomorrow π
lisotta – Beautiful playing! I thought you did an excellent job accenting the strum hits that highlight the melody. There are few parts where you hesitate in the transition from one chord to the next, but this sounds like an easy fix that comes with a little bit more practice. Keep up the great work!
rickeymike – That was so cool! If we had an award for best cinematography, you would get it! Great performance too, bravo!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Ramiro! I look forward to watching your performance! And TY for the kind words π
November 26, 2019 at 3:08 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33877
AndrewKeymasterAll 3 new ones π
Will be a short challenge: Dec 1-23 b/c of giveaway on 24th.
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Chris! And that’s pretty cool about the podcast! Please make a stand along post in this fourm about it. That will help folks find out about it π
And I fixed both of your posts in the challenge. Sorry, they got stuck in pending mode!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Mara! Rickey’s suggestions are a great starting point. In addition to his suggestions, Greensleeves will be on our December challenge. Give that one a shot! And if you need any help, don’t hesitate to email me or post on our forums. π
November 23, 2019 at 2:10 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33819
AndrewKeymasterannefgodfrey – Wow, Anne! This is the best performance I’ve heard from you to date! I’m super impressed, keep up the great work! π
oldan_ – I think you’re doing just fine with highlighting the melody note in the strum section. What I’d focus on is keeping the timing steady. So there’s quite a few pauses atm. Try and take a 4 bar section, slow it down and loop it until you get the timing and transitions perfect. Then increase tempo and do the same with the next 4 bars, before connecting 8 bars together.
The 4 string harmonic hit will be covered in our harmonics course, which is coming out first Friday in January.
November 22, 2019 at 5:48 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33798
AndrewKeymaster@becky7777 – Yes!
November 21, 2019 at 5:13 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33768November 21, 2019 at 5:11 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33767November 21, 2019 at 2:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2019 Member Challenge β 2nd Chance to WIN Kanile’a! #33763
AndrewKeymasterwillymac – Beautiful playing, Brian! I’m going to share this today and send it to the folks at Kanile’a. I’m sure they’ll love to see it! So question, no swung feel? Just wondering why you went back to straight. And as far as the ending, I thought you handled it extremely well. As long as you don’t stop, most folks never notice mess ups.
suesbarn – Here is my feedback for you π
k_ra11 – Wonderful job! Great feel and excellent job on the arpeggiated attack. The only thing I’d suggest working on is the rhythm in bar 14, which I actually just talked about towards the end of the video feedback that I left for Sue (above you).
AndrewKeymasterThat’s awesome, Joe! Congrats!
-
AuthorPosts