Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterGreat tune! We are actually working on Sweet Child O’ Mine. Excited for this one, it’s been too long since we’ve done a classic rock song!
April 6, 2019 at 1:15 pm in reply to: April 8th, 2019 Live Lesson Topic: Hammer-Ons & Pull-Offs #26281
AndrewKeymasterHey guys, here is the printable for Monday’s Live Lesson. It has a few exercises that Matt will be going over. Make sure you are logged in to download it 🙂
AndrewKeymasterHey Robin, I missed this. Would have asked Mike about this had I seen it. Glad he got them to you though.
April 5, 2019 at 5:29 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2019 Member Challenge – Irish Songs! #26268April 5, 2019 at 12:47 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26260
AndrewKeymasterApril 3, 2019 at 10:31 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26230
AndrewKeymasterGlad it was helpful, Rickey! You won’t be able to add it to favorites, but you can click “watch later” and it will add it to that YouTube playlist for you.
April 3, 2019 at 8:26 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26228
AndrewKeymasterMy pleasure!
April 3, 2019 at 6:49 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26223
AndrewKeymasterlaurakarr12 – Well done! Love seeing the PM Tee in the backdrop. Had to send this video to him 🙂
Check out the advice I left in the video for Alex in the post above yours. It’s the same advice that I would recommend for you; and what’s really cool is that Alex has already posted a second take with my feedback in mind. The second take was awesome, so it will help give you a great idea for applying it to your playing.
The other thing I’d recommend is to lighten your thumb attack. A lighter strum and pluck attack will produce a sweeter, softer tone.
brenna – That was so cool, Gianluca! I love it! Excellent feel!
soraya06 – Beautiful playing! Here is my 1 tip for your ending 🙂
en_joy – Hi Josip, great job on this one. Here’s a video with some feedback for you. It’s a little long, but it’s kind of a tricky thing to explain, so let me know if you have any questions. And here is the lesson I referenced.
April 3, 2019 at 12:42 am in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26198
AndrewKeymasterDang that was fast! I dig it, Alex. That feel sounds good 🙂
April 2, 2019 at 11:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26195
AndrewKeymasterWhoops, Shankar! Yea I was def wrong. It doesn’t really work for low G. I’d recommend High G. Sorry, I must have been thinking of a diff tune that’s more interchangeable.
April 2, 2019 at 5:30 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26184
AndrewKeymaster1) rickkhan
2) alex2531255 – Happy bday!
3) laurasil
Love seeing a few entries already in on day 2! I left feedback in one video for the three of you. 🙂 For Alex and Laura, check out this lesson.
AndrewKeymasterRici, it should be showing. Can you refresh the page and see if it appears?
April 2, 2019 at 11:09 am in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26169
AndrewKeymasterHi Shankar, glad you dig the tune 🙂 That song will work with low G, so no need to swap it out unless you prefer the sound of the high G.
April 1, 2019 at 6:19 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2019 Member Challenge – Irish Songs! #26148
AndrewKeymasterWe had 28 members participate this month! Big congrats to each and every one of you! I loved hearing everyone’s performances and you guys did SO well! 🙂
So without further ado, the winner of this month’s challenge is ** drumroll **

Our April challenge is LIVE and we are giving away a Kanile’a Ukulele! Hope to see everyone in the new challenge: https://rockclass101.com/win-my-kanilea
P.S. I left feedback below for everyone that I hadn’t yet.
—-
santai – that was an excellent start and I’m so glad that you found us! 🙂 You’ve got a great base established for the intro, so what I would recommend to do is to follow the three steps for proper practice. I’d take 2 or 4 bars at a time, apply the three steps, and focus mainly on smoothing out your timing and transitions. Keep up the excellent work!
P.S. I can’t include you in the raffle, as the rules (laid out in the first post) state you must perform the entire arr.
karenj – Well done! Here is one suggestion for you.
robinboyd – Excellent rendition! Here’s the only thing that I noticed that I wanted to point out to you.
becky7777 – Way to go! Here is my feedback for you 🙂
timolnz – Great job! Here is my advice for you.
—-
@rpina61 – no worries, take your time on it! Glad you got the Kanile’a at a sweet price 🙂April 1, 2019 at 2:05 pm in reply to: Participate in the April 2019 Member Challenge – WIN a Kanile’a Tenor Uke! #26139
AndrewKeymaster@mikkel – Not an April Fools! We are giving away the Oha model 🙂
@trivialcanine – all of the songs for this month are instrumental fingerstyle. -
AuthorPosts