Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterWelcome @jsanjuan! Happy to have you on-board and hope you join us in the monthly challenges π
March 24, 2022 at 12:26 am in reply to: Participate in the February 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Strumming Songs! #51252
AndrewKeymaster@puppylovesuke – So sorry I missed this! TY so much for the kind words and referrals. Really appreciate it π
March 23, 2022 at 2:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51250
AndrewKeymaster@turkgoose – totally made my day, TY!!
@dividedsky – Beautifully played! Great tone and reverb on that uke π
@lisadmh – One of your best performances I’ve heard to date! Bravo, Lisa!March 22, 2022 at 8:40 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51244
AndrewKeymaster@turkgoose – I thought you did an excellent job! Keep practicing to build the tempo and tighten that 3rd theme. But overall, it was great! π
March 22, 2022 at 11:32 am in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51239
AndrewKeymaster@seoulkim – Great job! One thing I’d work on is lightening your right hand attack. A lighter pluck will produce a softer, sweeter tone. Check out this live lesson that Matt taught. He dives deeper into this concept.
Couple things to touch up: Bar 5 was cut short and try not to rush the slide in bar 10. We want to hear those notes as 8ths.
March 21, 2022 at 11:34 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51235
AndrewKeymasterdebb1985 – I loved it, Debb! You nailed the vibe π
No worries on the nerves. We all get it in front of the camera. So couple of suggestions as you continue to practice.
First, I want to hear a bit more uniformity in the opening 16th note passages. Try playing along to a metronome.
Second, target your practice to the two bars in theme three with the sixteenth note strums. They are hard and took me a lot of practice to get clean.
ccwuke – Audio quality is fantastic. Well done! I recommend playing around with eq-ing next. There’s a whole world there that you can get lost in π
Performance was excellent and I can’t wait to hear the new uke!
wongbrown – Here’s my feedback for you π
annemarie – Beautifully played! Only thing I’d say is keep working on the B Melody.
lbilkie – Well done! As you continue to practice I’d recommend slowing the tempo down and focus on keeping timing steady. Keep up the good work and share an update at the end of the month if you have time π
misterbones – Fantastic performance! You always play so well, so when I listen back I start listening for the little things. For example, at 17/18 seconds we hear less than clean playing. Just a blip, but an area we can dive into. I’ve noticed you play fast a lot. Question: when you are practicing, are you going slower than performance speed? Or are you always practicing close to this tempo?
If it’s the latter, I’d spend more time doing the former as it helps build muscle memory in the right hand which will limit these little blips from happening.
rafaela – Beautiful take! Keep up the great work π
AndrewKeymasterBeautifully played, Brian. Well done!
March 18, 2022 at 1:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51197
AndrewKeymasterMarch 17, 2022 at 1:52 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51192
AndrewKeymaster@marianne & @marlongas – Both of you did an amazing job on this song! Bravo π
March 16, 2022 at 3:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51185
AndrewKeymaster@darktoto – Excellent playing! Only thing I’d point out is that the G string should be open in bar 3 and 4 and for the 3 walk down bars that follow it. Try that, you might like that melody note more than what’s produced when you barre across the 4th string π
March 16, 2022 at 2:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51182
AndrewKeymaster@puppylovesuke – My pleasure!
@laurakarr12 – Tuning sounded fine to me. It was beautifully played! Keep up the great work πMarch 15, 2022 at 7:59 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51167
AndrewKeymasterpuppylovesuke – Excellent job and thank you so much for the kind words! You played it brilliantly with great feel and timing.
Only one thing to point out. Double check the notation in Theme 2. Sounds like a few of the bass notes in the walk-up bars are incorrect.
As for your question, Andrea’s advice is spot on. You’ll want to get a non-steel (a.k.a non-wound) string to avoid that sound.
zongozongo – Absolutely beautiful take, Nicolas. You nailed the relaxed feel which makes the melody shine. Well done! It was an honor to share it in our email newsletter last week π
june2020 – Great job this month, June! So question, did you play along with the tab player in synthetic mode? Or with Matt? Because Matt’s performance uses rubato here and there. Which really lets the piece breathe as opposed to keeping a steady tempo and staying on the beat.
My suggestion for you is to slow the tempo down, but add a bit of rubato for a tasteful effect. For ex, try holding some of the dotted quarter or half note hits longer to build tension.
shmu88 – Excellent performance! I’m going to share this in our newsletter this week π
brettboy – Excellent playing as always, Brett! And thank you so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it π
LOL @ the duet at the end haha
ajk101 – Beautifully played, Allen! You nailed the pace, feel and vibe. Keep up the excellent work π
katazumiri – Well played and super cool to hear it as a duet π
clempek – I thought it sounded great! As for your comment about giving the thumb section a more melodious sound. Try experimenting with softer, lighter attacks. Check out this video where I talk about this in more detail. While the video uses fingerpicking as its example, the same concept can be applied for thumb strums.
AndrewKeymasterHi Marie, yes there is. I forgot to make it viewable. Please try the page now. You should be able to watch it and thank you for letting me know π
March 8, 2022 at 1:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2022 Member Challenge β Theme: Movie Magic! #51118
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – I agree with @evapaju, beautifully played! My only critique is that the dynamic effect of soft playing is cool but it was a bit hard to hear some of the passages in the tail end of the B melody.
AndrewKeymaster@asarkarx – I moved your post to our request list. This is the best place to add requests as we go through this list and choose songs from it for our vote offs (such as this recent one) π
-
AuthorPosts