Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: New member Linda from charleston #43667
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I set you up with 3 months of premium, Linda. Have fun! πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from Seattle #43659
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Lucas! For low G, I’d recommend picking up a second uke. It’s always best to have one of each.

    Check out this percussion lesson. It’s a cool way to add a drum-like beat to rhythm playing.

    Discovering new artists and their music is a great way to find inspiration. Matt did a live lesson recently on 5 uke artists you should know.

    For our lessons, the best place to start is here. Learning Paths helps you create a practice plan tailored towards your interests, while also showing you where to start and ideas on what to work on. If you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask πŸ™‚

    in reply to: ‘Into the Maze’ #43650
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Glad you dig it, Dirk πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Left Hand Form: Thanks and quick question #43644
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Yes and no. It’s dependent on what you’re playing. Moving around, generally yes for form 2.

    But if you are doing anything intricate out of a stationary position, e.g. playing hammer-ons or pull-offs out of a singular chord shape (across more than 1 string), then form 2 will be best. But if you’re just strumming that singular chord, yes form 1 could be best.

    in reply to: Space and Three-Point Lights #43587
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Lot’s of YouTuber’s use a Ring Light. That might be best for you!

    I wouldn’t recommend moving or breaking down the 3 point set up. Very difficult.

    in reply to: I’m Yours #43586
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Let me know if this video answers it – I get asked for help with this song a lot and have a lot of private videos, but I can’t recall what I talked about in all of them lol.

    in reply to: I’m Yours #43572
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Check out this video for a more in-depth look at it. But the strum pattern follows the golden rule: strum down on a down beat and up on an up beat. Meaning:

    Down for beats 1, 2, 3, 4

    Up for the &’s

    in reply to: Beginner Strumming and Melody Song #43564
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Beautiful vocal and chord melody! Well done, Rickey πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Hello from California! #43481
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Joel! Glad to have you on-board. If you ever need help on the lessons, don’t hesitate to ask πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @misterbones – Here’s my feedback for you πŸ™‚

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @misterbones – Sounds great! I wouldn’t worry about speeding up or whatnot, but instead I’d work on getting the rhythms a bit more accurate in the A melody. Loop 1 bar at a time in the tab player (at whatever speed is comfortable) and try to match my playing 100%.

    This advice is more-so for other reading this feedback: this is a song that you want to listen to A LOT. One time in music college, I went up to my teacher and said I’m having trouble with the rhythm of a song. He asked: how many times have you listened to it? I said, a few times. He said, come back after 20 times. I didn’t need to come back.

    in reply to: Thumb Pick #43393
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Matt Carlson does! You can hear how awesome it sounds in this lesson.

    in reply to: Introduce myself #43374
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Deb! πŸ™‚

    in reply to: Basic backbeat lessons. #43345
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It’s okay if you hit the body. The most important thing is to come down in the claw shape so that your fingers align as follows for the subsequent pluck:

    A (ring)
    E (middle)
    C (index)
    G (thumb)

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    All good, TY! πŸ™‚

Viewing 15 posts - 1,846 through 1,860 (of 4,195 total)