Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
AndrewKeymasterThanks, Andy!
AndrewKeymasterYou probably learned the other way to chuck:
Which one to use is dependent on if you are following the chuck with a pluck or a strum.
For your first question, you come up with a pluck that uses the same strength as if you were plucking a single note melody line. If you still feel it’s not right, post a video and I can take a look to make sure all looks okay.
January 19, 2021 at 6:59 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #44104
AndrewKeymasterI think that’s fine π
AndrewKeymasterYou can add that request here, Simon. And TY so much for the kind words. I really appreciate it π
January 18, 2021 at 1:06 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #44069
AndrewKeymaster@pippin105 – well done, Linda! Keep up the great work π
AndrewKeymasterFor that lesson, which is all single notes, you want to use a down and up motion. You can use sideways motion for barred double stops or chords.
Check out this article/lesson on vibrato. It goes way in-depth into both motions (and intensity levels) and has 5 exercises to practice with.
AndrewKeymasterReverb sounds good! The trick is: Less is more. And yours was subtle.
But man, wow! You tackled 2 very hard songs, bravo! I don’t think you really need feedback – keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll constantly be improving. I’m very impressed π
January 17, 2021 at 11:26 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #44061
AndrewKeymaster@ratedpgwc – Well done! Here’s my feedback for you π
AndrewKeymasterThat’s so awesome to hear, Jay! I’m excited for your progress. Anytime you need help or have playing questions, let me know π
January 16, 2021 at 12:28 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #44047
AndrewKeymaster@gmflin8 – well done, Grace! Friendly reminder, don’t forget to tune up before recording. So the one area I’d work on is to not pull down on the C string in the strumming section. We always want the strings to remain parallel, so that the note doesn’t turn sharp. In a previous feedback video this month, I talked about that for another member. So you may want to check that out if you want some extra tips π
@kirpuff – Glad you dig the goodies, Sara! Performance was great! My only suggestion is to throw in a few staccato hits in that first melody section. I think it sounds cool to have a melodic blend of sustain and staccato. Keep up the great work!January 15, 2021 at 1:52 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #43858
AndrewKeymaster@juleshere – Beautifully played! Only thing I’d suggest is to work on the transition from the strumming back into fingerpicking. See if you can get it a little faster, so there’s no gap in the timing. And TY for the kind words, much appreciated!
AndrewKeymasterWell done! Here are my thoughts π
January 12, 2021 at 11:10 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #43779
AndrewKeymaster@malku2603 – That was so good, Akansha! Beautiful playing! Keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working! π
January 11, 2021 at 5:53 pm in reply to: Participate in the January 2021 Member Challenge β Theme: Levels (Beg/Int/Adv) #43672
AndrewKeymaster@ukandrea – Here is my feedback for you π
@katazumiri – Bravo! Great timing and clarity in each note/chord. And I love the 3 part arrangement, very creative!
@cashmpe – Well done, Patrick! I’ve got no critiques – you aced it! -
AuthorPosts