Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,416 through 2,430 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Harmonics #34787
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hey Robin, that’s lightly covered in the course overview. The thing is, it becomes extremely complex if you want the physics answer. There are some videos out there on this:

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @laurasil – Beautiful playing! You guys are killin’ it this month 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    deadbuggy – Wow! This is an awesome sounding Jig and it goes into such a beautiful 2nd melody/tune. Well done, Sara! And TY for sharing the backstory 🙂

    unclemymy – Beautiful playing! Keep up the great work!


    @samash07
    – awesome! I look forward to watching your performance!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @kelsey91 – unfortunately, we do not have that notated.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @cauer2 – no worries, I fixed it! 🙂

    in reply to: Clawhammer Banjolele #34738
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It’s gonna be fun! We’ve got 2 performance tunes in 2 versions: Beginner & Advanced. Both songs have super fun, upbeat melodies and since there are 2 versions, it will be applicable for a lot of folks 🙂

    in reply to: Help Us Plan Our Lesson Curriculum for 2020! #34724
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thanks to everyone who left feedback and happy new year! I def think we can tackle a few of your ideas and we can chat about it here, but I thought we’d start w/ one idea. A few of you suggested a course on how to arrange. I think this is something we can do, BUT it would probably have to be arranging at a beginner level. So my question is, would you still be interested if we taught you how to write pieces at this difficulty/intricacy.

    in reply to: Clawhammer Banjolele #34706
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    That’s really cool, Holly! I love this style of music, it’s so upbeat and fun sounding 🙂

    in reply to: Replying to messages #34661
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi another question!
    I’ve recently posted a question and people have been very kind in helping and guiding me. Not sure how to reply to individual comments though on my original post. I see there is eg reply#12345 do I click on that under each comment to respond?🤔Thanks

    You can copy and paste their text, highlight it and select “B-QUOTE”. But I usually just copy their name and add the @ sign. So for ex:

    @ulelekath

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    WE DID IT! WE RAISED $2,017 for The Ukulele Kids Club Inc. The money we raised will donate 50 ukuleles to hospital based children who will be paired up with music therapists that TEACH THEM how to play! 😁

    Thanks to everyone who participated (96 members!) and donated in our December Challenge.

    Together, WE GAVE the gift of music to children in need.

    null

    in reply to: Hello from UK #34641
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome, Kath! Check out the link Lisa posted and let me know if you have any questions 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @lildevil – Absolutely! Please let me know the amount you donate so I can update the tally 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    If you missed the live stream, here it is! Congrats to our winner, Gianluca!!!!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 95 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK! The challenge will run until Dec 31, but no more entries will count towards the giveaway prize.

    I’ll be announcing the winner of the Kanile’a Ukulele tomorrow LIVE at 12 pm EST (Check Your Local Time Zone) on our YouTube channel at this link: https://youtu.be/3lRFgHDlW98

    P.S. There may be a bonus trivia entry awarded tomorrow, so def don’t miss the live stream 😉

    Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

    —-

    johanna2509
    
johanna2509
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    
podgornik

    lyndallk

    lyndallk
    
rickjava

    planetfink

    planetfink
    
cauer2
    
cauer2
    
golf39
    
golf39
    
kirpuff
    
kirpuff
    
robinboyd
    
robinboyd
    
laurasil
    
laurasil
    
brenna
    
brenna
    
jedart
    
suesbarn
    
suesbarn
    
nosferatu
    
nosferatu
    
surfnrz
    
surfnrz
    
nthibode
    
nthibode
    
brettboy
    
brettboy

    isabelm
    
isabelm

    joe150
    
joe150
    
jpag7242
    
jpag7242
    
willymac
    
willymac
    
nerdjenni

    nerdjenni
    
holly1
    
holly1
    
andrewvh
    
andrewvh
    
morrieuke1
    
morrieuke1
    
karenj
    
karenj
    
jinajupiter
    
jinajupiter

    timolnz

    timolnz
    
oldan_
    
oldan_
    
aquatopaz
    
aquatopaz
    
armiefox

    armiefox

    stfesta

    rickeymike
    
rickeymike

    turkgoose
    
turkgoose
    
dorabr

    jonathan_gabel

    jonathan_gabel
    
nosferatu

    nosferatu
    
dal08260

    dal08260
    
ukuleleluke
    
ukuleleluke
    
peiching

    joannetala
    
joannetala
    
mfaske

    mfaske

    annefgodfrey
    
annefgodfrey

    elixir
    
elixir
    
smokealot
    
smokealot

    marygrace

    zukulele
    
zukulele

    kellyblackburn
    
kellyblackburn
    
ccwuke
    
ccwuke
    
barbecueblack
    
barbecueblack
    
coffeemug

    coffeemug
    
cyukug
    
cyukug
    
k_rall
    
k_rall
    
bklynsoul
    
bklynsoul
    
fred21
    
fred21

    ealtman

    ealtman
    
gstriph
    
gstriph
    
santai
    
santai
    
alterin

    alterin
    
raffarooni
    
raffarooni

    russellbarnett

    russellbarnett
    
marama
    
marama
    
tiff27
    
ripley
    
ripley
    
Gaby
    
Gaby

    ramon91
    
lisamcc
    
lisamcc
    
iyers408
    
iyers408
    
kanae926

    kanae926
    
kelsey91

    givingtree89
    
givingtree89
    
gardn_gnome
    
gardn_gnome

    unclemymy
    
unclemymy

    apblondie

    apblondie

    mac1984
    
mac1984
    
yellowrosecottag
    
yellowrosecottag
    
wongbrown
    
wongbrown

    richo_uke
    
richo_uke
    
awiealissa

    cyberloh

    cyberloh

    olemartin
    
olemartin
    
stinyuke

    stinyuke

    ukukelley1

    ukukelley1
    
maryjanew
    
maryjanew
    jkulele

    jkulele
    
becky7777
    
becky7777
    
johnnyquickpants
    
johnnyquickpants
    funtime2018

    funtime2018

    drcathoward
    
drcathoward

    puppylovesuke
    
puppylovesuke

    debb1985
    
debb1985
    
chi-_-t
    
chi-_-t


    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @debb1985 – Here’s my feedback for you. 🙂 And here is the lesson I referenced.


    @chi-_-t
    – Well done! I’d recommend dropping your thumb to be slightly above the middle of the neck, instead of hanging above it. Check out this lesson for placement help.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,416 through 2,430 (of 4,195 total)