Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gmflin8 – Awesome job Grace and love the graphic! Have a great trip!


    @leb397
    – Beautifully played, Louisa! Excellent timing!


    @mkstewart67
    – He’s practicing! If you have insta, you can follow him at: @brett_uke

    in reply to: Song of Storms #54706
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I think he wanted to notate/show the entire triad for the right hand. You can play the full chord or cut the top note like he did. Both sound great 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @mkstewart67 – Beautiful playing, Melissa! And I agree, those high notes are tough to grab. Much easier with a cutaway 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @zongozongo – Very beautiful playing! The only thing I would suggest is working on some of the subtleties like eliminating unwanted string noise when changing chords. For example, listen to the change that happens at 20 seconds in your video. Try not to lift completely off the strings. That should fix that.

    Double check the measure at 1:15. Sounds like you added a few extra notes there. And at 1:29, aim to play through your mistakes instead of restarting the measure. We always want to pretend like we’re playing with a band, if we make a mistake they keep going.


    @misterbones
    – Excellent playing, Michael! Very good job on the pacing!


    @lhamilton
    – Beautifully played, Linda! One thing I want to point out is that it sounds like you changed the first hit of most measures to a quarter note. Try to keep the opening notes as 8ths to stay true to the original composition.


    @laurakarr12
    – Wonderfully played! Great job on the timing! The only thing I’m hearing that can be worked on is that some of the notes are a little buzzy. It’s hard to diagnose as I can’t see what you’re doing, but I’d guess it’s caused by not keeping enough finger pressure held down on the note.

    in reply to: Song of Storms #54682
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It’s at 120 BPM 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Dianna, if you watch @ukandoit’s video above, he played it on low G. There’s a few notes that will sound a little off, but for the most part it works 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @shmu88 & @ukandoit – Beautiful playing, guys 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ukealori – A lot of folks like to keep it simple. They sit their phone close to the speaker(s) of the device their using. When you hit play, there’s a 2 bar count in, so you should have plenty of time to get situated 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @mark65536 – DUDE! That was so cool! Def gonna share on our social media this week 🙂


    @rebeca
    & @katazumiri – Gorgeous playing ❤️

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 93 MEMBERS PARTICIPATE! YOU GUYS ROCK!

    Stephen and I were BLOWN AWAY by how amazing everyone did! Big round of applause to everyone who participated this month. 🙂

    Hope to see y’all in our November Challenge!

    Here is a list of everyone who earned an entry for the giveaway. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

    —-

    shmu88
    shmu88
    rebeca
    rebeca
    jbmills07
    jbmills07
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    marlongas
    marlongas
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    clempek
    clempek
    rafaela
    rafaela
    gmflin8
    gmflin8
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    didyyh_guitar
    jebergeron
    jebergeron
    misterbones
    misterbones
    suekulele
    suekulele
    brettboy
    brettboy
    kidelozzi
    kidelozzi
    leb397
    leb397
    madz_about_uke
    madz_about_uke
    katazumiri
    katazumiri
    joannetala
    joannetala
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    jedart
    jedart
    mark1256
    mark1256
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    mark65536
    mark65536
    dianna
    dianna
    june2020
    june2020
    karenj
    karenj
    richarde
    richarde
    joe150
    joe150
    samash07
    samash07
    bibilele
    bibilele
    addilein
    addilein
    gisele
    gisele
    nelsonlin2021
    nelsonlin2021
    krajisunny
    lynettejd
    lynettejd
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    gstriph
    gstriph
    erin99
    erin99
    ukealori
    ukealori
    maryjanew
    maryjanew
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    riley_ukulele
    riley_ukulele
    madhuri
    akukes73
    akukes73
    kdeacon7
    kdeacon7
    ldarrow
    ldarrow
    lynnzo
    lynnzo
    just-in
    just-in
    debb1985
    debb1985
    dermango
    dermango
    jody_hendrickson
    jody_hendrickson
    annemarie
    annemarie
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    tim0721
    tim0721
    digbybare
    digbybare
    smudge
    smudge
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    zongozongo
    zongozongo
    jgillard
    jgillard
    terryfallon3
    terryfallon3
    biancak
    biancak
    olemartin
    olemartin
    richo_uke
    richo_uke
    pika80019
    pika80019
    mrskye
    k_ra11
    k_ra11
    mueleski
    mueleski
    santai
    santai
    concan
    concan
    sir_anzalot
    sir_anzalot
    janaq1
    janaq1
    mkstewart67
    mkstewart67
    jlbross
    jlbross
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    yukalele
    yukalele
    jayton
    jayton
    pysanky
    pysanky
    moonshine
    moonshine
    acornjasper
    acornjasper
    themccoys
    themccoys
    mademoiselleannette
    dal08260
    dal08260
    felixhchan
    felixhchan
    alysun1
    tessiert
    tessiert
    omaon4
    omaon4
    jeg143
    jeg143
    puppylovesuke
    puppylovesuke

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ukandoit – Beautiful performance played with fantastic feel throughout, Matthieu! I do see that the video was uploaded to YouTube on the 30th, but unfortunately it does need to be posted on our forum within the deadline.

    I did try to give everyone a friendly reminder on the 31st. But the good news is there are 2 more chances to win! Hope you join us in November and December 🙂


    @seoulkim
    – Great job! As you continue practicing, focus on playing the notes with a steady 16th note rhythm. Some sound a little cut short at times. Try playing with the tab player in “synthetic mode” with the metronome activated. That’s a great way to work on this.

    Unfortunately, you submitted past our deadline so we won’t be able to give you an entry for the prize. I tried to give everyone a friendly reminder on the 31st. But the good news is there are 2 more chances to win! Hope you join us in November and December 🙂


    @puppylovesuke
    – Love the shirt and excellent performance, David!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @johanna2509 – Beautifully played! Was an honor to share it in our newsletter today 🙂


    @clempek
    – I think you def have the chops for it! It was very well played. But there is one thing I would suggest focusing on, which is finesse. Check out this lesson for an in-depth look at this concept.

    But what I would suggest is to try to soften your attack. Here’s a video I made for another member awhile back on this song. It talks about how to do achieve a softer, sweeter tone.


    @samash07
    – Fingerpicking sounds great, Sam! What I would work on is timing. Try playing along with AJ and tapping your foot along. If you count the rhythms out loud as you play, that will help too.

    You can also try putting the tab player in “synthetic mode”, activating the metronome, and muting both piano staffs. That way you can focus on just the melody.


    @madz_about_uke
    – Beautifully played and I love the backdrop!


    @deadbuggy
    – Love the changes you threw in! Fantastic feel throughout your performance and that ending was absolutely gorgeous! Bravo, Sara!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here’s everyone on page 10.


    @zongozongo
    – Bravo! I’d argue that a lot is polished. For example, excellent job building and resolving tension in the chord build up from bars 5 to 8.

    There are a couple spots to double check. First is the first pull-off in a measure 3 and 4. You want to do 8 to 5 on the A string.

    Second is bar 12, the fourth note should be 7 on string 4.

    Overall, I’d say keep doing what you’re doing. It’s working because your playing sounds great!


    @jgillard
    – Excellent fingerpicking, Jeremy! Your playing expressed the haunting vibes of the piece perfectly too! The one thing I’d suggest working on is transitions as there’s a few hesitations here and there.

    I’d go back and listen to your performance and note where it’s happening. Then put the bulk of your practice there. Focus on one melody at a time, instead of trying to tackle all 6 in a practice session.


    @terryfallon3
    – Awesome playing, Terry! I think you have a great base established. So what I would do is focus on one melody at a time. And put the bulk of your practice in timing and transitions.

    Try playing along with the tab player in “synthetic mode” as that will keep the tempo steady. When you can play it perfectly in time (regardless of playing at a fast or slow tempo), go back and add some rubato to taste 🙂


    @biancak
    – Impressive playing considering the injury! It was a beautiful performance with great feel throughout. I hope your fingers heal fast 🙂


    @olemartin
    – Fingerpicking sounds great as was the overall performance! Bravo! I do want to share one idea with you. I noticed that the majority of your chord hits were done using the arpeggiated plucking method.

    Which is really cool, but when you use the same approach a lot, it loses a little bit of its appeal. Check out this video that I made a few years ago for another member on this song. It talks about how you can use multiple strum approaches to add color and variation.


    @richo_uke
    – Your rhythms were perfect! Bravo! That was the hardest aspect of this song as so many were unorthodox or syncopated. I’m really impressed! Excellent work this month!


    @pika80019
    – First off, very cool fingerpicking approach for the triplets in Melody D. Love the sound that the index finger produces there.

    Overall, this was a great performance! The only thing I’d suggest working on is transitions. Take a look at the feedback I left about for @jgillard. It’s got some tips on how to work on this.


    @mrskye
    – Awesome performance! Your fingerpicking sounds great throughout! Couple tips. First, don’t forget to tune up before you record. Second, I noticed sometimes you are pushing directly on the metal fret. You want to scoot your fingertip back a notch and place it as close to the fret, but not on top of it. Just like Matt shows in this video.


    @k_ra11
    – Excellent performance! You captured the vibes of the show perfectly! 👏


    @mueleski
    – Excellent performance! And I loved the slideshow, those were some of the coolest Halloween photos I’ve ever seen!


    @santai
    – Your performance was great, Marvin! Couple little spots to clean up but moving forward, I’d put the bulk of your practice on increasing tempo. Keep up the great work!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    No extra note there. Maybe you are hearing the noise of moving to the next chord?

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gi_gi_ – I’m not seeing an extra note. Tab player is spot on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1,066 through 1,080 (of 4,195 total)