Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
June 23, 2022 at 3:20 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52398
AndrewKeymaster@misterbones – I did! Thanks for letting me know. I went back and added fb for him 🙂
June 23, 2022 at 2:44 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52395June 22, 2022 at 9:30 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52392
AndrewKeymaster@zongozongo – Excellent performance and picking technique looks great! Keep up the good work, Nicolas!
@ajk101 – Bravo! Great job on both parts and I dig the sound on baritone!Next month’s challenge will have a very cool (and new) prize 🙂
June 21, 2022 at 10:45 am in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52371
AndrewKeymaster@brettboy – Bravo! Brilliant take with great feel and energy throughout!
@misterbones – I don’t often remember recording performances, probably because I’ve done so many. But I do remember this one. I recorded it on independence day.I drove from my folks house to my apartment in the afternoon. Warmed up, sat down, hit record. Did it in one take.
That never happens! I recorded a new song last night and it probably took 45 minutes until I was happy. That’s usually the norm LOL.
But I sure was happy to track Habanera fast, because I made the drive back to barbecue with the fam 🙂
Your performance was excellent! Now obviously playing wise, this is a very challenging song. But I think what’s equally challenging is playing with finesse. Because this is such a great tune to experiment with dynamics and accents.
I’m hearing a lot of strong accents in your playing. But try experimenting with getting a little bit softer from time-to-time. For example, I like to play the three notes that start each phrase a little bit lighter (last 3 notes in bar 4, bar 8, bar 12 etc).
@leb397 – Theme 1 & 2 are spot-on timing wise. Theme 3 is almost there, and 4 is getting there. I’d focus on the latter two, but this take is a big improvement overall! Keep up the great work 🙂
@shmu88 – Amazing performance! Just a few notes here and there to clean up, but the vibe was spot on. Great feel and energy throughout!
@joe150 – Great job this month, Joe! Theme 4 sounds like it needs a little bit more work, but the other ones are rockin’! Keep playing along with the tab player, that’ll help tighten timing/tempo. And double check the last chord, sounded like you played the wrong fret. Overall it was great, keep up the good work!-
This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by
Andrew. Reason: shmu88 feedback added
June 20, 2022 at 1:42 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52361
AndrewKeymaster@gstriph – Excellent playing, Jerry!
@johanna2509 – Bravo! You aced it!
@clempek – Great job! Tempo was great too, I like it at the faster speed.In Theme 4, I’m hearing one of the open strings ring out, causing a bit of unwanted string noise. I can’t see the way you’re picking in the video, but if you’re doing the picado technique (like I am), you can rest/anchor your thumb on the E string.
If you’re using traditional picking technique, you can mute open strings with the palm of the right hand. I talked about this concept in this lesson.
@morrieuke1 – WOW! Def gonna share this this week in our social media 👏 👏June 17, 2022 at 5:58 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52349June 17, 2022 at 1:21 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52347
AndrewKeymaster@bibilele – Wow what a backdrop with beautiful playing to match! Def gonna share this in today’s newsletter 🙂
June 14, 2022 at 7:49 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52334
AndrewKeymaster@laurakarr12 – Well done! 👏
June 13, 2022 at 6:12 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52330
AndrewKeymaster@rebeca – Love it! Great take! Was a lot of fun to listen to and watch 🙂
@leb397 – Well done on the duet! It’s always fun to try something new!Timing (being in sync) was actually really hard for me too on this song. What helped me was practicing with a metronome. And also tapping my foot along. That helps you feel the beat better 🙂
AndrewKeymasterHappy to have you on-board Jeffrey 🙂
June 9, 2022 at 11:24 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52319
AndrewKeymasterHi Jody, I sent you an email 🙂
June 9, 2022 at 7:26 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52317
AndrewKeymaster@katazumiri – I loved the ending! And the speeding up effect. Bravo! Def gonna share this in tomorrow’s newsletter 🙂
@rafaela – Beautiful playing with great feel throughout!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, @ukeelady! Glad you found us! If you get a chance in-between work, join us in a monthly challenge! They are lots of fun 🙂
June 6, 2022 at 3:18 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52292
AndrewKeymaster@deadbuggy – Great job on this tune, Sara! There’s a few bars where the timing could be strengthened / a little more defined. To work on this, practice playing with Steven in the tab player.
There is one thing I want you to try: If you listen to him playing the A melody the first time, it’s soft and light. When it repeats, he ups the dynamics and strengthens it. Play around with that idea 🙂
@uku_on – Welcome back, Caleb! Performance sounded great! 🙂June 3, 2022 at 3:04 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2022 Member Challenge – WIN $6,000 Kanile’a Ukulele #52279 -
This reply was modified 4 years, 3 months ago by
-
AuthorPosts