Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Percussion Style lesson? #42772
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It looks like a similar chuck to what I do, but he targets the top strings and lets the bottom ring. Unfortunately, I can’t advise further as we only offer support for RC101 related material.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @andyrose – Hi, Andy! You asked 2 different questions. For becoming comfortable with playing without looking, the best advice I can give is what I used to do: play in the dark. Can’t cheat that way 😉

    For scale practice, please see this post. For the fretboard, I’d start by memorizing the non accidental notes on one string per week. This advice is detailed more in module 1, unit 2 in our theory course. You also want to work in tandem with learning the basics of theory – which is what module 1 covers.

    in reply to: Percussion Style lesson? #42757
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    It’s kinda like a drum beat – he’s doing it over a 2 bar pattern, chucking on 2 and 4 in bar 1, and beat 2 in bar 2, then & of 3 and beat 4 is the percussive tap on the body. Sounds cool!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @mark1256 – Great job on the timing and sustain, Mark! Keep working on that first part of Theme 3 – the chord changes – I think that’s the hardest part of this arr. But, overall it was awesome! Well played 🙂

    in reply to: Percussion Style lesson? #42720
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Andy, looks like the video is blocked in the US, can you share another similar one?

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @spanxbrc – it’s very heartwarming to hear that it helps calm the students 🙂


    @dividedsky
    – Okay with me!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @lisadmh & @debb1985 – I’m gonna give both of you guys feedback. Both of you played it very well, but I’ve got a video below to help on getting more clarity with the h/o p/o lick.

    And here’s the intro lesson for doing H/O and P/O Technique for anyone that needs it.


    @deadbuggy
    – Well done, Sara! I like the changes you threw in there! TY for you donation!!


    @nthibode
    – Bravo! I sent it to Steven, I’m sure he’ll love it 🙂 TY for you donation!!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    I’m not sure, Kelsey. Reach out to them with that question: [email protected].

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO PARTICIPATED THIS MONTH! WE HAD 121 ENTRIES! YOU GUYS ROCK!

    Hope to see everyone in our December Challenge. December is your LAST CHANCE to win the Kanile’a!

    Here is a list of everyone who participated. Please let me know if there are any discrepancies.

    —-

    bdenham14
    bdenham14
    mark1256
    mark1256
    concan
    concan
    pippin105
    pippin105
    deadbuggy
    deadbuggy
    johanna2509
    johanna2509
    krolik
    shmu88
    shmu88
    qiuyan
    qiuyan
    rebeca
    simonalexander
    simonalexander
    nthibode
    nthibode
    cauer2
    cauer2
    apoole
    apoole
    janett75
    janett75
    schaap123
    schaap123
    shann0potato
    shann0potato
    lisadmh
    lisadmh
    sir_anzalot
    sir_anzalot
    ukulelee
    ukulelee
    misterbones
    misterbones
    cncamacho
    cncamacho
    robinboyd
    robinboyd
    laurakarr12
    laurakarr12
    turkgoose
    turkgoose
    lyndallk
    lyndallk
    lisamcc
    lisamcc
    emiliano
    emiliano
    eszti5mail
    eszti5mail
    ukandrea
    ukandrea
    mennloo
    alisoniles
    alisoniles
    marianne
    marianne
    isabelm
    isabelm
    tsetsova
    tsetsova
    debb1985
    debb1985
    allesyone
    kelsey91
    addilein
    addilein
    antotonin
    antotonin
    amylilley
    amylilley
    brettboy
    brettboy
    surrealflea
    surrealflea
    ukesilver
    ukesilver
    kirpuff
    kirpuff
    sdorunga
    ealtman
    ealtman
    tric_o_tronic
    tric_o_tronic
    marlongas
    marlongas
    lhamilton
    lhamilton
    smokealot
    smokealot
    willymac
    willymac
    gstriph
    gstriph
    morrieuke1
    morrieuke1
    aksiomatic
    aksiomatic
    karenj
    karenj
    kanae926
    kanae926
    hibiscus
    hibiscus
    andrewvh
    andrewvh
    akukes73
    akukes73
    patparr
    patparr
    bklynsoul
    bklynsoul
    rockmyuke
    rockmyuke
    andyrose
    andyrose
    katazumiri
    b_ukes_101
    b_ukes_101
    lbilkie
    lbilkie
    lynnwatson
    lynnwatson
    robinl
    givingtree89
    givingtree89
    wongbrown
    wongbrown
    dododudus
    dododudus
    bemarlie
    bemarlie
    mozcyc
    coffeemug
    coffeemug
    happyonuke
    luizaveit
    henri0
    henri0
    jkulele
    jkulele
    annemarie
    annemarie
    ccwuke
    ccwuke
    beauke
    beauke
    joannetala
    joannetala
    alana_
    alana_
    mademoiselleannette
    goody2shoes
    goody2shoes
    joe150
    joe150
    ebetsimo
    miztaken
    miztaken
    pika80019
    pika80019
    tiff27
    stianukulele
    stianukulele
    andracass
    andracass
    aloooy
    aloooy
    whollyprofit
    whollyprofit
    janaq1
    janaq1
    Catherine
    Catherine
    rucha11
    rucha11
    dal08260
    dal08260
    kayleighb
    kayleighb
    brabbit
    rufio0
    rufio0
    humerosa
    humerosa
    celia21
    santai
    santai
    ukandoit
    ukandoit
    cloud_cactus
    jayton
    jayton
    lissid
    lissid
    oldan_
    oldan_
    pgoody
    pgoody
    uku_on
    uku_on
    cyberloh
    cyberloh
    unclemymy
    unclemymy
    themccoys
    themccoys
    dividedsky
    dividedsky
    iyers408
    iyers408
    mac1984
    mac1984
    lakeside339
    lakeside339
    lildevil
    lildevil
    maryjanew
    maryjanew

    • This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Andrew. Reason: Updated
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @maryjanew – I made this video for another member earlier this month. It talked about reworking fingerings to match your playing style. NOW – after watching your video, I don’t think you need to do this. The D chord w/ index is sounding good! It’s just one of those fingerings that takes awhile to get comfy with. But anyways, I’d encourage you to watch the video and remember the tips, it’s good for future use 🙂

    For memorizing: Try sections at a time. Like 4 or 8 bars. Play while looking at the music for that section, then cover it up and play without looking. If you fumble, target your practice on that specific area. Don’t move onto the next section until you’ve got it 100% down w/out looking. That approach has always worked well for me!

    And btw – your performance was great. Great tone and I heard no misunderstandings of rhythms. Keep up the great work and def play it for the grandkids!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @humerosa – For that song, I’d only use rubato for the intro. I’d keep the rest of it steady 🙂 Matt didn’t really use rubato on this. Check out the lesson I linked for a better example of it.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thank you for your donations Brett and Debb!! Debb, please email me with the amount donated as I’m keeping a tally of how much we raise 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @humerosa – got it 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @xarqin – You posted the October challenge video, please post the November challenge song 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Friendly Reminder – The deadline for receiving feedback and an entry into the giveaway is tonight at 11:59 PM EST (check your local time zone).

Viewing 15 posts - 1,906 through 1,920 (of 4,195 total)