Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
March 9, 2020 at 6:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #36175
AndrewKeymasterjohanna2509 – beautifully played, well done!
deadbuggy – I really dig the “free flow” feel you have for bars 1 through 4. But I think you may want to copy that feel for bars 5 through 8. IMO, this piece needs a consistent feel. Plus, that would nicely contrast the steady feel you use for Melody B.
laurasil – wow, bravo! And yes, this was arranged by Evan. I thought you did a brilliant job overall. Here’s what I would work on: Clean up the chord hits and get them to sustain more. Slow down your tempo to work on this. But again, major props for a job well done!
AndrewKeymasterYup, def overplayed. Take a break π
March 5, 2020 at 8:35 pm in reply to: March 9, 2020 β Live Lesson Topic: The 3 Building Blocks of Music #36127
AndrewKeymasterHeads Up: NEW TIME this month and all month’s moving forward. We’re pushing it back 30 min to 7:30 PM EST.
March 5, 2020 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #36119
AndrewKeymaster@robinboyd – Bravo! I’m excited to see your progress throughout the month π
March 3, 2020 at 1:37 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #36018
AndrewKeymaster@omaon4 – Thank you! Now help me with the Hawaiian song names we are working on for this month lol π
March 3, 2020 at 1:36 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #36017
AndrewKeymaster@samash07 – Here’s my take on your question:
2) Since I only practiced the piece for a couple of days, I was thinking βOkay Iβve played this measure, what was next?β leading to hesitation while moving my hand along the fretboard. Whatβs weird is that I have the whole piece memorized but I still feel hesitant. Not sure how to tackle that.
March 2, 2020 at 4:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35982
AndrewKeymasterWe had 37 members participate this month! This was NOT an easy challenge as it involved learning NEW techniques and playing styles! Major props to each of you who participated on a job well done! π
This month’s prize was a Gold Tone Banjolele in your choice of color. So without further ado, the winner is:


Our March Challenge is LIVE: https://rockclass101.com/march-2020-challenge. The theme is Classical Music and weβre giving away a NEW PRIZE: a $250 Spalted Maple Tenor Islander Ukulele! Hope to see everyone in the challenge!
—
P.S. Stephen will post the remaining feedback for folks on page 8 soon.
AndrewKeymasterWow! Major improvement, I’m impressed! I think you’re almost ready for the gig π Keep doing what you’re doing and you’ll get the last section down.
March 1, 2020 at 4:30 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2020 Member Challenge β Classical Themed! #35955
AndrewKeymaster@cloud_cactus – You can play it, but it will sound “off”.
AndrewKeymasterBeautiful! Congrats again, Gianluca π
February 29, 2020 at 1:44 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35913
AndrewKeymaster@annemarie – Hi Anne, our upload feature is meant for photos. Please upload the video to YouTube and share a link here.
February 28, 2020 at 12:11 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35878
AndrewKeymaster@annemarie – Hi Anne, can you upload to YouTube and share a link here?
February 27, 2020 at 10:01 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35868
AndrewKeymaster@lhamilton – Still happens to me!
@coffeemug – Well done! I’d say go a lil slower and that will help you strengthen the tough parts – and then build it up to speed. But great job overall!February 27, 2020 at 11:21 am in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35864
AndrewKeymaster@lhamilton – Technique looks great, well done! Keep up the great work π
February 26, 2020 at 10:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2020 Member Challenge β Technique Toolbox Courses! #35859 -
AuthorPosts