Andrew

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 2,431 through 2,445 (of 4,195 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Andrew
    Keymaster

    @puppylovesuke – Excellent performance! Only thing I can say is work on the parts where you paused/stumbled. But great feel and playing overall 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @drcathoward – Legit, my first thought when you said “I’m gonna try” was, Cat’s gonna kill it. And you did! Well done! The only thing I can say is to try a more gradual ritardando. Keep up the great work 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here is everyone on page 17.

    jkulele – Bravo, Jason! For one and a half years of playing, I think you’re doing a phenomenal job. Form looks great, timing is great, and you’ve got a good feel/tone in your playing. All I can say is keep doing what you’re doing, it’s working 🙂

    becky7777 – I dig the trill and that eq setting is awesome, really adds to the ambience of the piece! You mentioned pauses, and yes, that’s the only thing I’d suggest working on. Keep up the great work. I’m hearing a lot of feeling in your playing; sounding really good 🙂

    johnnyquickpants – Here’s my feedback for you 🙂

    funtime2018 – Well done! Try an Aquila Low G, it’s what I use and won’t feel like a rubber band, LOL. For your playing, my recommendation is to try a lighter attack with your right hand. Lighter plucking and strumming produces a sweeter, soft tone.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @jazzitup – that was awesome! Major arranging props 🙂 I wish I could count it, but I can’t bend the rules. But seriously, you’ve got a fantastic skill!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here is everyone on page 16. AJ will post feedback for pages 14 and 15 tonight.

    wongbrown – Beautiful playing! There were a few pauses or gaps between phrases, which are the only things I can suggest to work on. Keep up the great work and thank you very much for the kind comments! I really appreciate you participating in so many challenges, Sheila 🙂

    richo_uke – Here is my feedback for you 🙂

    awiealissa – I dig the changes you threw in there 🙂 It’s interesting that you asked about timing, because this was something I talked about in a video I made a couple days ago for another member (@smokealot) in this post.

    Watch the video I made for him and watch the video I linked in his feedback text. It’s a really interesting way to approach being in-time, but “bending” it to get a different feel. I think you should experiment with this concept 🙂

    cyberloh – Great job! I thought it was a solid performance. Couple things I would work on:

    1) Timing wise – the phrases have the correct rhythms, but as they connect from one to the next, it sounds like your timing is in “free time”. I’d work towards keeping a more consistent tempo throughout.

    2) Watch out for pulling the third string down on the partial barre major chords (X655). That will make it sound Sharp/Out of tune.

    olemartin – Well done! I’d recommend slowing the tempo down, which allows the melody to shine more. Also, try a lighter attack with your right hand. Lighter plucking and strumming produces a sweeter, soft tone.

    stinyuke – Excellent performance, Christina! Fantastic job on the sustain and the melodies were beautifully phrased together. Great job on the subtleties! It’s a joy for me to listen to how far you have come from the first video I watched from you. Keep up the great work and enjoy that uke – it sounds phenomenal!

    yukalele – HAHA, I’m guessing that’s your wife at the end, and I think she perfectly summed up what I would tell you 🙂 Great job on the re-arrangement and thank you for the humor!

    ukukelley1 – Well done, Sheryl! The parts that you have memorized, for example, the phrases leading to the double stop walk up/down and after, is so well played and exudes emotion. I think you’re kicking butt in that area. The only thing you really need to do is just memorize the piece fully, that way there is no interruption in your playing. Keep up the great work!

    maryjanew – Wonderful job, Mary! I think a great challenge for you would be to memorize it. And I don’t think it would take very long based on what I’m hearing. Try this: Play an 8 bar phrase while looking at the music. Then play it again w/out looking. If you stumble, look at the music and start from there. Don’t move on to the next eight bars until you have it completely memorized.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @maryjanew – thank you for your generous donation! 🙂

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Friendly reminder, the deadline for submissions is 11:59 PM EST tonight. (Check Your Local Time Zone)

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @gardn_gnome – Thank you for your donation! Please email me with the amount so I can update the tally 🙂

    in reply to: New here, not new to use. #34531
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Welcome! 🙂

    in reply to: Oregon senior #34530
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Hi Joel, can you share a video. Happy to take a look to see if I can help w/ form issues.

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    We hit our participation goal of 70 members! So I went ahead and made our donation of $400 (including $50 on behalf of Evan) to The UKC today 🙂

    This means we’ve SMASHED our fundraising goal and have now raised $1,636 for the charity! AMAZING!

    Let’s set a new goal and go for $1,800!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    @ripley – Thank you for your donation! Please email me with the amount so I can update the tally 🙂


    @lisamcc
    – thank you for your generous donation, Lisa!!

    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Here is everyone on page 12.

    annefgodfrey – Beautiful playing, Anne! These last couple months I’ve heard great progress in your playing. Keep up the wonderful job and happy holidays!

    elixir – WOW, that was phenomenal! Beautiful playing on the guitar and great accompaniment with the keys. The only thing I can suggest is to continue the keys under the solo, so that you have a harmony and rhythm to play to. I’m going to share this video on our social 🙂

    smokealot – Here’s my feedback for you, and here’s a great video to reference this concept.

    marygrace – Well done! Check out the feedback I left for armiefox in this post. It’s got a couple links to videos I made for members earlier this month about increasing sustain. This is the area that I would work on for your playing. In a nutshell, keep the chords/notes held down so that they sustain throughout their entire note value duration.

    zukulele – Fantastic performance for only 10 minutes, Zion! The fact you can play that well in such a short time shows how developed your musicianship is. Keep up the great work!

    kellyblackburn – Definitely one of your best performances, Kelly! Fantastic feel, phrasing, and timing! Keep up the great work 🙂

    ccwuke – Great job on Greensleeves! The only thing I can suggest is to slow the tempo down. To me, it’s a song that should be paced slowly to allow the beauty of the melody to shine through.

    in reply to: Hello from Ireland #34509
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    Thank you for your continued support, Jason 🙂 Happy Holidays!

    in reply to: One Year on Rock Class 101 #34447
    Andrew
    Keymaster

    You played it beautifully, Nathalie 🙂

    I really appreciate the kind words. It really means a lot to me.

Viewing 15 posts - 2,431 through 2,445 (of 4,195 total)