Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 20, 2026 at 9:00 pm in reply to: Participate in the September 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #84414
jedartParticipantHere is my September entry.
Song 3, 12 Bar Blues. I tried to get my right hand in the video, the way I made the “pluck up” work was by keeping a very light touch (couldn’t get my fingers below the strings fast enough). It’s more like an upside down fan strum but hitting all the strings at once.
August 26, 2026 at 4:00 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #84196
jedartParticipantI’m working on lesson 2 Etude #37. This will most defiantly be a pert of my practice/warm ups, it’s a great exercise for right hand dexterity. My performance is a little choppy, but this was the best take I have so far.
July 25, 2026 at 6:11 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #83958
jedartParticipantI wanted to use lesson two finger picking etude 34, but I’m still struggling to get the pattern down, so here is my entry this month:
Aura Lee
July 12, 2026 at 6:16 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2026 Member Challenge – WIN $549 Kala Ukulele #83781
jedartParticipantI was intrigued when you first emailed out the new course last month, now it part of the July Challenge. Awesome. I’m curious, is the course available a-la-carte, or just as part of the monthly subscription?
October 29, 2025 at 11:06 pm in reply to: Participate in the October 2025 Member Challenge – WIN $2,250 Kanile’a Uke #76396
jedartParticipantHere is my last minute entry. I wish I hade more time to polish this up, but I’ll continue prating and eventually adding in the solo.
August 1, 2025 at 10:36 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2025 Member Challenge – WIN a Custom Arrangement! #75150
jedartParticipantYour “Innie” plays ukulele too.
July 31, 2025 at 11:11 am in reply to: Participate in the July 2025 Member Challenge – WIN a Custom Arrangement! #74601
jedartParticipantThank you @Andrew, I’ll keep working on it. I don’t know why I’m so resistant to playing with a metronome, but I thinks it’s about TIME 😉
July 30, 2025 at 3:41 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2025 Member Challenge – WIN a Custom Arrangement! #74583
jedartParticipantI must be Crazy to try this arrangement. I’m running out of time, so here is my entry, warts and all.
March 23, 2025 at 5:10 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2025 Member Challenge – Rewind & Replay! #73251
jedartParticipantHere is my update to Swan Lake. Still not perfect, but much smoother that before. I also added a “C” on the fourth string, although I think it would sound bette with a high G string.
February 28, 2025 at 10:48 pm in reply to: Participate in the March 2025 Member Challenge – Rewind & Replay! #65841
jedartParticipantI’ve been focusing lately on memorizing a repertoire. I think I’ll add Swan Lake to list. So, in addition to playing more fluidly, I hope to have it committed to memory by the end of the month. Here is my original take from las year,
November 22, 2024 at 11:39 pm in reply to: Participate in the November 2024 Member Challenge – WIN $3,100 Kanile’a #64530
jedartParticipantNot great, but I wanted to get this in before the holiday:
July 20, 2024 at 6:24 pm in reply to: Participate in the July 2024 Member Challenge – Original Music! #62448
jedartParticipantTravis picking has been on my radar to learn, so was a natural choice for me for July’s challenge.
June 28, 2024 at 10:38 pm in reply to: Participate in the June 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #62154
jedartParticipantPremium Member
I’m running out of time on this challenge, this was tougher than I thought. So here is my Mad World, mistakes and all. I simply cannot do the roll strum, I either get all the notes at once, or a very slow arpeggio. I did manage to fix the issue I’ve been having with notes and chords not ringing out, new strings fixed that issue.
May 26, 2024 at 1:37 pm in reply to: Participate in the May 2024 Challenge: Double Kanile’a Giveaway ($5,800) #61706
jedartParticipantPremium member.
Here is my entry for the May challenge.
I can’t seem to get that last chord to ring, my fingers are just too big for a double bar on the 10/11th frets.
February 19, 2024 at 3:52 pm in reply to: Participate in the February 2024 Member Challenge – Choose ANY Ukulele Song! #60616
jedartParticipantPremium member.
This is my entry to February’s challenge.
First, thank you @Andrew, for your advice on playing the Dm, I think I would have injured myself trying Matt’s finger stretching technique.I still need a bit of work, but I wanted to get this in early this week. Biggest issue in this recording is I missed the chucks in the chorus. I do have another recording where I add in the chucks, but my timing is all over the place, so this is the better recording.
-
AuthorPosts