Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
September 8, 2020 at 11:50 am in reply to: Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music!β¨ #40747
AndrewKeymaster@robinboyd – I loved it, Robin! You really should continue writing, I think you’ve got a knack for it. The only suggestion I have is for the B Melody. I like that it slowed down, but maybe too much IMO. I’d go a touch faster.
AndrewKeymasterGlad to hear you like it and I will keep your suggestion in mind π
In the meantime, here’s a few more from Matt that are a blend of fingerpicking and strumming:
September 6, 2020 at 1:27 pm in reply to: Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music!β¨ #40723
AndrewKeymaster@ukandrea – I like what you did w/ the B Melody! I think it compliments the A Melody perfectly π Good job!
The chord your are playing is A Major. Check out our lesson on the CAGED Method to learn how to move chord shapes up the neck in which they become different chords.
@brettboy – Awesome tune, Brett – but to me it sounds like how I’d feel if I someone stole my laundry LOLSeptember 5, 2020 at 12:07 pm in reply to: Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music!β¨ #40716
AndrewKeymaster@lisadmh – That was awesome! I have a suggestion on song structure: So 10-17 is the first little melody and it varies again at 26-34. So that section in-between, I would cut b/c you want this melody to repeat – that’s the trick in making songs catchy, they just repeat. Although, it’s super cool you through in variations the 2nd time around – I really dig that π
@effortless – That was very cool! The intro – the hammer-on part – that’s where I’m hearing the most melody. The middle section is heavy on harmony, so I’d suggest trying out some more ideas on how you can add more melody to it. But overall really cool, kinda gives me John Mayer acoustic-folk vibes π
@ukandrea – Sounds awesome so far! Here’s an idea using movement for the B melody and I subbed in a diff chord ending.
@lisa-k – I really like the A Melody! It’s got some classical inspiration, I dig that! I think you can expand on the B Melody, it’s a little sparse atm, so I’d work on embellishing it. Overall, bravo for your first tune! Well done!September 4, 2020 at 12:33 am in reply to: Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music!β¨ #40700
AndrewKeymasterThanks for pointing that out, Grace. It was a mistake, I fixed it π
September 3, 2020 at 5:23 pm in reply to: Participate in the September 2020 Member Challenge β Original Music!β¨ #40694
AndrewKeymaster@nthibode – Your performance was awesome, Nathalie! The only thing I’d suggest is more of a “to taste” thing – which is to staccato some of the pops more, like the ‘beat 3 hits’ in the first 4 bars of theme 1. I think that makes them stand out more from the “let ring” feel of the phrases that surround them.
@deadbuggy – Your song was AMAZING! I loved it, gonna def share this in our email tomorrow π And wow, you have a great voice too!
AndrewKeymasterWelcome, Charlie! Awesome to hear you run and participate in groups, very cool! π
AndrewKeymasterCheck out Justin Guitar. Dave’s focus, atm, is on acoustic.
September 1, 2020 at 12:13 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Songs You Requested! #40665
AndrewKeymasterOverall we had 41 members participate in this monthβs challenge! And guys, I know I sound like a broken record, but it’s so cool to see everyone come together and support each other as a community and to challenge ourselves to get better! Bravo to everyone who participated π
Our September challenge is LIVE and the theme is: ORIGINAL MUSIC! Thereβs also a really unique prize for September! You can check out the new challenge here: https://rockclass101.com/september-2020-challenge
So without further ado, the winner of this monthβs challenge is **drum-roll**


BIG THANKS TO NICKY FOR LENDING HER AMAZING TALENT!
This month’s prize was super cool! Thank you @NickyG for making it possible π
Check out her illustrations at: https://www.nicolecandeloro.com/
β¨β¨Follow her on Instagram and Facebook.β¨β¨
—-
Here’s the last of the feedback π
@kirpuff – Your playing always sounds great, Sara! But, I do have a suggestion for this song. I’d recommend slowing down the tempo quite a bit which better reflects the “love song” mood/flow. And maybe experiment with rubato a bit, too. It works really well with this tune π
@lissid – Playing sounds great, Melissa! That’s cool that you’re noticing volume attacks. I don’t think yours is overly strong, but every hit is quite consistent in volume, so you may wanna experiment with varying the volume of notes/chords – which is what I talked about in this video:August 31, 2020 at 7:55 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Songs You Requested! #40648
AndrewKeymasterSounds good! π
August 30, 2020 at 12:27 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Songs You Requested! #40616
AndrewKeymaster@katazumiri – For soprano, you need to rely on form 2 when playing passages like that to keep the neck propped up. Or as Grace mentioned, you can use a strap π
AndrewKeymasterThe printable tabs coincide with what was taught in the lesson video. Sometimes we play things differently in the performance video – not purposely, more of a “in the moment thing” – so I update the tab player to reflect that π
August 28, 2020 at 1:26 pm in reply to: Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Songs You Requested! #40595August 28, 2020 at 11:42 am in reply to: Participate in the August 2020 Member Challenge β Theme: Songs You Requested! #40585 -
AuthorPosts